Post Doctoral Research Fellow (Automated Manufacturing in Investment Casting)
University of Birmingham - School of Metallurgy and Materials within the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
|Salary:||£29,301 to £38,183 With potential progression once in post to £40,523 a year.|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||4th January 2017|
Fixed term for up to 36 months
A PDRF is sought to work as part of team in an exciting collaborative research and development research project on advanced manufacturing. Based at the HTRC in Ansty, Coventry they will be responsible for the design and specification, procurement, commissioning and development of an automated system for manufacturing ceramic cores used in investment casting. Working and part of a team and focusing on component and material handling, process instrumentation and engineering design the fundamental mechanisms controlling system capability and performance will be researched to allow the system to achieve a level of maturity necessary for deployment at industrial scale.
Candidates for the post should have:
- First degree in area of specialism and a higher degree relevant to research area or equivalent qualifications and experience gained in a research focused environment.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of process automation.
- Strong CAD and design skills aligned to engineering systems.
- Experience of process development.
- High level analytical capability.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones.
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively.
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes.
- Report writing and publication in peer reviewed journals.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Nick Green, Centre Director, High Temperature Research Centre, email: email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
To download the details and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below; please quote Job Reference in all enquiries. Alternatively information can be obtained from 0121 415 9000 or visit www.hr.bham.ac.uk/jobs
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England