Postdoctoral Research Assistant
University of Dundee - Cancer Research
|Salary:||£31,076 to £38,183|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||4th January 2017|
|Closes:||1st February 2017|
Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
Day to Day Reporting to/Reporting Line Manager: Dr Laureano de la Vega
Staff Supervision: Expected to work alongside research technician, MSc and PhD students
Duration of employment: 3 years (with 1 year probationary period)
The successful applicant will:
- Identify and characterise new factors and pathways involved in cancer chemoresistance.
- Validate new potential therapeutic targets in vitro and in vivo.
- To carry out high quality lab-based research, working independently but contributing to the work and well- being of the group.
- Work under the guidance of Dr Laureano de la Vega but assume responsibility for leading and driving the project forward.
- Undertake a variety of cell biology and molecular biology techniques.
- Continually update knowledge by frequent reading of the literature to keep pace with technical developments and progress on the field.
- Use initiative and creativity to problem solve difficulties, learn new techniques and identify new research areas.
Dundee University, which is officially ranked the top university for Biological Sciences research in the UK (in REF2014), offers a vibrant research environment with world-leading facilities. In addition, the Medical Research Institute is an excellent translational institute that is focused on understanding and combating disease.
Share this job
Type / Role: