Service Manager (Research)
University of Nottingham - IT Service Management
|Salary:||£38,183 to £46,924 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.|
|Placed on:||6th January 2017|
|Closes:||27th January 2017|
Location: Kings Meadow Campus
Are you an innovative IT Service Manager looking for a new challenge developing the service management capability for the delivery of Research IT Services across a global organisation?
The University of Nottingham is one of the top 75 Universities worldwide, having 43,000 students and 5,000 staff, with a global reach and campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. The Information Services department is at the heart of delivering change to this global and increasingly digital community, delivering new modes of educational services as well as transforming back office services.
As part of this transforming organisation, Information Services are seeking to invest in an experienced IT Service Manager who, working at a strategic level within the service management team, will build a collaborative and customer focused culture and will be responsible for co-ordinating the delivery of services into the University for the Research IT Services Portfolio.
Working in partnership with the Head of IT Service Management, you will lead service development and improvement plans for Research IT, creating a service management culture and establish key customer relationships within Information Services. You will act as the bridge between the University Research Community and the operational delivery teams. You will ensure that Research IT Services enables development and delivery of research objectives at each stage of the research lifecycle ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery as well as continual service improvement and customer satisfaction. You will have an understanding of research requirements with the ability to support researchers to make the best use of internal and external IT services and facilities.
As IT Service Manager you will provide recommendations for the future landscape of this service model including implementing service support structures, ITIL and business processes to ensure professional and cost effective highly quality services are achieved.
- Education to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong experience and recent knowledge of ITIL V3 processes and methodologies (ideally you will have an ITIL V3 qualification)
- Proven experience of working within a ITIL service management environment as a Service Manager with strong knowledge of IT project delivery and research management within a complex IT environment
- Strong working knowledge of service support models and continuous improvement
- Experience within the Higher Education sector or understanding of the Research lifecycle is highly desirable
- You are a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to challenge and influence others, develop and maintain collaborative working relations across IT/non IT departments
- High level, proven inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to lead/mentor others
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict whilst building successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups both internal and external to the organisation
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Caroline Gregory, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England