The Manchester College
|Salary:||£19,792 to £37,601 per annum|
|Placed on:||11th January 2017|
|Closes:||4th February 2017|
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Business Tutor, to join our current staff in the Computing IT & Business department, mainly based at our Northenden campus but could be across other sites as well.
As directed by a Divisional Lead Manager or Team Leader the purpose of this role is to provide supervision of your curriculum area ensuring that you meet budget, quality and operational targets. You will also be required deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with The Manchester College`s policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets.
- Contribute and develop curriculum to meet local and national priorities
- Teaching - lead and support delivery and assessment of learning.
You will be required to complete all necessary administration related to the programmes.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Must have a teaching / assessing (as appropriate) qualification and subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale.
- A degree in Business Management or other related subject would be desirable
- Previous experience of teaching BTEC would be advantageous
- A Track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism in an FE environment
- English & Maths - must be qualified to a minimum of Level 2
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the
Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
The salary for this role is £19,792.08 - £37,600.59 (Pro rata) (subject to job evaluation)
Share this job
Type / Role: