Academic Technologist - Instructional Design and Online Content Development
Central European University - CEU Library
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||16th February 2017|
|Expires:||16th April 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Full Or Part Time: Full time (40 hrs/week)
Proposed duration: 2 years (renewable)
Central European University (CEU) seeks two academic technologists to work collaboratively to support online learning, instructional design, and collaborative technologies at a highly regarded international graduate institution. This is an exciting opportunity to promote and support academic technologies for teaching, learning and research. Both positions will work with faculty, staff and students to support design and development of new and existing blended or online course offerings utilizing appropriate e-learning tools, course management systems, and distance learning technologies.
The successful applicants will work with other campus partners to promote and evaluate effective technologies, as well as strategies and best practices for e-learning.
Academic Technologist #1 – Instructional Design and Online Content Development
The academic technologist for instructional design and online content development is responsible for promoting and supporting academic technologies for teaching, learning and research. The successful applicant will work with faculty, staff, and students to design, develop, and evaluate effective technology-enhanced strategies and best practices for e-learning. Developing new online content and new ways of integrating visual, archival, and library content in the delivery of courses both on campus and to remote learners is expected.
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate content developed for in-class, blended, or online learning in partnership with an instructor or subject matter expert.
- Design and develop effective interactive online learning experiences.
- Participate in planning for instructional design and online learning technologies.
- Collaborate and liaise with others who support academic technologies and related services across the University.
- Assist and teach users with widely diverse levels of experience in delivering high-quality, interactive content online in a multicultural environment.
- Master's degree in education, educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
- Ideally three years of experience in designing and developing learning objects.
- Ideally three years of experience in programming online instructional interactivities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project through maintaining scope and budget.
- Proficiency with relevant computer languages, programs
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences and humanities, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1400 students from 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 40 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For a full description and to apply please visit: https://hro.ceu.edu/vacancies/two-academic-technologists
Share this job
Type / Role: