Academic Technologist - Collaborative Technologies and Distance Learning
Central European University - CEU Library
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||16th February 2017|
|Expires:||16th April 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Full Or Part Time: Full time (40 hrs/week)
Proposed duration: 2 years (renewable)
Central European University (CEU) seeks two academic technologists to work collaboratively to support online learning, instructional design, and collaborative technologies at a highly regarded international graduate institution. This is an exciting opportunity to promote and support academic technologies for teaching, learning and research. Both positions will work with faculty, staff and students to support design and development of new and existing blended or online course offerings utilizing appropriate e-learning tools, course management systems, and distance learning technologies.
The successful applicants will work with other campus partners to promote and evaluate effective technologies, as well as strategies and best practices for e-learning.
Academic Technologist #2 – Collaborative Technologies and Distance Learning
The academic technologist for collaborative technologies and distance learning is responsible for promoting and supporting academic technologies for teaching, learning and research. This position works with faculty, staff and students to design, develop, and evaluate instructionally effective, technology-enhanced strategies for e-learning with particular emphasis on collaborative technologies appropriate for high quality graduate programs and project-based international learning experiences with partners around the world in support of CEU’s mission.
- Promote and support the use of appropriate academic technologies, including CEU’s Smart Classrooms, for collaboration and distance learning within the university’s instructional mission.
- Design instructionally effective, technology-enhanced strategies and environments.
- Identify needs and expand services of collaborative and distance learning technologies; participate in campus-wide planning for collaboration and distance learning technologies.
- Collaborate and liaise with others who support academic technologies and related services across the University.
- Assist and teach users with widely diverse levels of experience in using collaborative and distance learning technologies.
- Explore and experiment with new and emerging academic technologies; work imaginatively and creatively to develop and promote innovative applications of technologies.
- Master's degree in education, educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
- Ideally three years of experience in applying collaborative and distance learning technologies for teaching and learning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project through maintaining scope and budget.
- Proficiency with relevant computer languages, programs and tools such as:
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences and humanities, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1400 students from 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 40 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world.The language of instruction is English.
For a full description and to apply please visit: https://hro.ceu.edu/vacancies/two-academic-technologists
Share this job
Type / Role: