Administrative Assistant - International Relations
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
|Salary:||Grade 3 or 4 depending on qualification and experience|
|Placed on:||15th March 2017|
|Closes:||30th April 2017|
Contract Duration: 3 years
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo (Italy).
The International Relations Unit is responsible for relations with EMBL Member States and potential future Member States, the European International Research Organisations' Forum (EIROforum), EU relations, and EMBL partnerships. The Administrative Assistant will be reporting to Joint Heads of Government and EU Relations and will be responsible for providing secretarial, administrative and organizational support, including:
- providing general secretarial support to the international relations team;
- supporting and acting as a back-up to the Assistant to the Director International Relations;
- organising external and internal meetings, preparing, distributing, and formatting documents, including minutes;
- providing administrative support for EIROforum meetings and events;
- support in arranging official visits to EMBL;
- establishing and maintaining efficient office procedures;
- arranging travels and preparing travel agendas as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
The post requires a relevant university degree or previous work experience in the field. Secretarial, administrative and organisational skills, the willingness to pay attention to detail and the ability to deal with many people in a friendly and diplomatic manner are essential. Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English is required. Fluency in another language, especially German, is desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of internet is required. Teamwork, demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi - cultural environment are required.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation. Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
To learn more about working & living in Germany, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/germany
Share this job
Type / Role: