Head of Communications
Cardiff University - Communications & Marketing
|Salary:||£48,327 to £55,928 Grade 8 p.a.|
|Placed on:||17th March 2017|
|Closes:||2nd April 2017|
Cardiff University is seeking to appoint a highly experienced individual with a demonstrable track record of success in communications to a challenging and hands-on role.
You will maintain a strategic approach to communications, both internal and external, to enhance the University's reputation in Wales, the UK and globally in line with the direction set out in The Way Forward 2012-2017 and subsequent strategy.
- Lead a growing team covering media relations, social media, film, and internal communications including student communications.
- Contribute to the long term strategic planning and management of the Communications and Marketing department, developing the Communications strategy and then setting clear work priorities and standards for the section.
- Contribute to the development of Communications initiatives that have a University wide impact.
- Manage the film unit.
- Support communications around Cardiff’s fundraising and alumni activities.
- Reflecting Cardiff’s strong emphasis on engagement Wales, the UK and the wider world, promote widespread dissemination of Cardiff research and support Cardiff’s international, education, innovation and engagement or civic mission agendas.
- Ensure that Cardiff tracks and understands developments in new media, notably rich and social media, and uses such channels effectively and appropriately.
- Benchmark communications at Cardiff against comparator universities.
- Establish working relationships with key contacts to continuously improve service, developing appropriate communication links with the University’s College/Schools/Research Institutes and departments and outside bodies as required.
- Gather and analyse data to inform decisions, establishing basic trends and patterns in data and creating reports as appropriate.
- Lead on crisis communications.
This position is full time and open-ended.
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity. Our inclusive environment welcomes applications from talented people from diverse backgrounds.
Share this job
Type / Role: