Proposal Development Officer (EU & Special projects)
University of Dundee - Research and Innovation Services
|Salary:||£31,076 to £38,183 per annum (grade 7).|
|Placed on:||20th March 2017|
|Closes:||2nd April 2017|
Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
Responsible to: Head of Research Development, RIS
Purpose of the Post:
The post holder will work in cross-functional teams across Research & Innovation Services (RIS) and Research Finance Services (RFS) and the wider University to provide a pragmatic, business driven service, to effectively support the growth of research income and the translation of research results at the University of Dundee. The post holder will proactively promote and support the application for major strategic research grants, including applications to the EU Horizon 2020 programme, Global Challenges Research fund (GCRF) and other UK and International funding opportunities. The post holder will provide a proactive research proposal development service, including co-ordinating the contribution from academic colleagues and external collaborators, co-authoring and ensuring the submission of high-quality, robust and fundable research applications.
The Proposal Development Officer will support the Proposal Development Manager (EU and Special Projects) and work closely with the Research Development Managers based in RIS to provide pre-award research support across all of the nine Schools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To identify and promote relevant research funding calls with academic colleagues to increase the engagement with large research funding opportunities, including from the EU.
- To provide comprehensive advice and guidance on funding opportunities and applications, based on expert knowledge of relevant funding bodies and agencies, to maximise the opportunity for application success and return to the University.
- To review risks and feasibility of projects and escalate issues to relevant approver if required, ensuring appropriate approval is received prior to commitment to the project.
- To co-author and review major funding applications, including to the EU and other International funders, providing direct support and guidance to academic colleagues throughout the application process and liaising with Research Finance Services (RFS) to ensure that applications are properly costed and meet the funder’s requirements.
- To facilitate collaboration across interdisciplinary teams and coordinate the contributions from external collaborators throughout the application process.
- To liaise with the (Principal Investigator) PI and external stakeholders, such as project partners and the EU Project Officer, to ensure a smooth grant agreement preparation process in coordination with colleagues in Research Finance Services (RFS) and the Contracts Team in RIS.
- To contribute to providing specialist training to the University’s academic, research and administrative staff, as required.
- Other duties as required to ensure the provision of a comprehensive and professional research support service.
Any Additional Information
For informal enquiries, email Daniela Bolle, Head of Research Development at email@example.com or call the Research and Innovation Services reception on 01382 384664.
Please note that interviews for this post will be held on 7 April 2017.
Share this job
Type / Role: