University of Bristol
|Hours:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||20th March 2017|
|Closes:||20th April 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
We are seeking experienced and qualified Counselling and Counselling Skills Trainers to offer psychoeducational courses to staff and students within the University of Bristol Student Counselling Service (UOB SCS). Associate Trainers would become part of a ‘bank’ of professionals, available to offer discrete training inputs on an adhoc basis, and this could occur at any time of the year.
Associate Trainers would be self-employed and responsible for organising their own professional insurance and clinical supervision.
Trainers would be paid a fee in line with a K grade counsellor working in SCS.
Associate Trainers would be required to attend an orientation session within each academic year that they work in the service.
Please access full details of post here (see longer expression of interest document); send letter of application, identifying the ways in which you meet the essential and desirable criteria; CV, including contact details of referees who can comment on your training work; and examples of training materials you have developed and used to deliver training (maximum 3); by email to email@example.com.
Closing date midnight on 20/4/17. Interviews are likely to be held in May 2017.
Applicants must be:
- A qualified counsellor with post qualification experience in one to one, face to face and group counselling.
- A BACP accredited or UKCP registered Counsellor or able to evidence that they are largely eligible and working towards this.
- A member of a professional body (ideally BACP) and subject to its code of practice and complaints procedure. Willing to work within the BACP Ethical Framework and the UOB SCS Confidentiality Framework.
- Experienced in offering time-limited counselling with individuals presenting with a range of issues and levels of distress including acute and chronic presentations of enduring mental health difficulty.
- Experienced in delivering therapeutic, training, and psychoeducational input to groups.
- Computer literate and able to prepare high quality materials including IT presentations to accompany their training.
In additional it would be desirable if trainers were:
- Experienced in delivering training to a range of audiences and for a range of purposes.
- A qualified teacher or counselling trainer.
- A BACP accredited Trainer.
- Experienced in working in a Higher Education setting.
- Experienced in working with individuals with enduring mental health difficulties (whether mild, moderate, or severe).
- Experienced in working with international staff and students.
- An experienced and qualified counselling supervisor.
The University of Bristol is committed to equality and we value the diversity of our staff and students.
Share this job
South West England