Director, Koç University Writing Center
|Placed on:||19th April 2017|
|Expires:||19th June 2017|
Koç University invites applications for a full-time position as Director of the new Koç University Writing Center, beginning September 2017.
The Director will be responsible for launching the Writing Center and its Programs. This involves overseeing all writing center operations, including the hiring, training, and supervision of tutors and administrative staff. The Director will also be expected to formulate and institutionalize a long-term vision for the operational development of this new center.
This is a full time 12-month administrative position.
The Director of the Koç University Writing Center will:
- Work with the Academic Writing Program at the University to enhance student outreach
- Communicate with faculty across the university in order to assess undergraduate and graduate student needs
- Work in support of students in both undergraduate and graduate programs
- Develop, train, mentor, and oversee tutor training
- Develop seminars and workshops for students and faculty
- Coordinate with IT Department for the development of the Writing Center website
- Work with the Faculty Director for budget and staffing needs
- MA or PhD in Rhetoric/Composition or English, with emphasis on Writing Center theory, practice and pedagogy preferred
- Administrative experience in running a Writing Center (training staff, managing budgets, communication with faculty and administrators)
- Experience in writing center evaluation and assessment
- Demonstrated experience in designing and teaching academic writing courses
- Active experience in professional organizations
Koç University is a highly reputable, private, English language medium institution located in Istanbul, Turkey. More information about Koç University is available at www.ku.edu.tr.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents electronically in PDF format to Ms. Zehra Tosun (email@example.com) with the subject line "Writing Center position":
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching Philosophy / Vision statement
- Three letters of reference. Referees should directly e-mail a signed PDF copy of the reference letter to the e-mail address above (firstname.lastname@example.org). The referee should insert the following in the e-mail subject line: Reference for [Applicant’s full name]
The position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Questions concerning the position should be directed to the search coordinator, Dr. Megan C. MacDonald (email@example.com)
Share this job