Principal Lecturer and Head of Media
University of Hertfordshire - School of Humanities
|Salary:||£48,327 to £57,674 per annum|
|Placed on:||19th April 2017|
|Closes:||7th May 2017|
We are seeking a strong academic leader to head up our Media Group in the School of Humanities. You will have a teaching and research specialism in one or more of the following areas: Media Studies, Journalism, Film, Publishing. You will bring experience of curriculum development of new and existing courses and will have experience of team leadership.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Academic leadership and line management
- The management of effective teaching and assessment
- Curriculum and course development
- Effective recruitment and progression activities
- Management and control of academic quality
- Operational delivery of teaching and related quality and enhancement activities
- Promotion of research, commercial and international activity
- Appropriate teaching and research expertise
- Line management and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Initiative and problem solving
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands and priorities
- Ability to work effectively with people in teams
Applicants must have a doctorate level qualification in an appropriate discipline.
We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority, as they are under-represented within UH at these levels.
* Candidates who meet the appropriate criteria may be considered for the post of Reader, in accordance with the requirements of the University’s Policies and Regulations, once in post.
Contact Details/Informal Enquiries: If you would like to discuss the post in more detail please contact Jeremy Ridgman, Dean of the School of Humanities (email@example.com), copying in Mandy Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 07 May 2017
Interview Date: 23 May 2017
Reference Number: 014574
The University offers a range of benefits including a pension scheme, professional development, family friendly policies, child care vouchers, a fee waiver of 50% for all children of staff under the age of 21 at the start of the course, discounted memberships at the Hertfordshire Sports Village and generous annual leave.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England