Research Associate (79165-107)

University of Warwick - Warwick Medical School

18.25 hours per week (50% FTE)

Fixed term contract for 10 months (Oct 2nd, 2017- July 31st, 2018)- Research Development fund Warwick University

You will join the laboratory of Dr Claire Bastie, within the Division of Biomedical Sciences at Warwick Medical School, working in conjunction with the Biomedical Research Unit in Reproductive Health at University Hospital Coventry. You will be expected to spend approximately 10% of your time at the hospital site (no contact with patients will be required) while the remaining 90% will be spent at the Gibbet Hill Campus of Warwick Medical School.

You will study the mechanisms by which maternal nutrition impacts fetal growth, paticularly looking at placental biological adaptations to nutrient availability. You provide technical support by assiting with lab organization and experimental procedures.

The project is at the interface of discovery and clinical science. You should have training in the areas of cell biology and biochemistry. Previous experience in cell culture, standard molecular biology and quantitative immunofluorescence will be apprecaiated.

You will have good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a research team enjoying critical but constructive conversation and the potential to produce publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals.

You will have a BSc / MSc in a relevant field and a solid knowledge of cell biology as evidenced from your CV.

Please include a full CV with your application.

Closing date: 22 October 2017

Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role can be found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick’s jobs pages. You will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button below.

Share this job
     
  Share by Email   Print this job   More sharing options
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts. If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert, or its categorisation then please send us your feedback
Advert information

Type / Role:

Location(s):

Midlands of England