Senior Research Fellow in Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
Salary: £39,992 to £47,722 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Placed on: 2nd March 2018
Closes: 2nd April 2018
3 Years Fixed Term Contract with possibility of extension.
Intelligent Vehicles Research Group, dedicated to the development of connected and autonomous vehicles within WMG, is currently seeking a highly experienced and ambitious Senior Research Fellow to contribute to a number of exciting research activities in the area of connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV). The successful applicant will contribute to the UK’s flagship multi-disciplinary research on connected autonomous cars, namely Cloud Assisted Real-time Methods for Autonomy (CARMA), which is sponsored by EPSRC and Jaguar Land Rover (JLR). Click on this link for further information.
To apply for this post, you:
- Must have a PhD degree in related fields (for example, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Must have postdoctoral experience of researching some aspects of connected autonomous driving systems (for example, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics, Navigation Systems, Mobile Edge Cloud Computing), which MUST be supported by strong high quality journal publications record.
- Are desired to have experience of technical leadership and supervision of MSc/PhD students.
- Will need to have some experience of preparing successful research proposal.
- Will be required to have very good skills in technical writing and presentations.
The successful candidates are expected to:
- Contribute to development of novel cooperative autonomous driving systems, investigating the use of off-board data and processing for safe and robust implementation of the autonomous driving functions, resulting HIGH QUALITY PUBLICATIONS.
- Contribute to technical leadership of the project working with other researchers, engineering and postgraduate students helping them to develop and publish high quality scientific publications, patents, etc.
- Interact with the industrial partners of the project, mainly JLR.
- Contribute to development of new research proposals.
WMG is at the forefront of collaborative R & D on automotive engineering with significant research and exciting growth plans in the area of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles. With an extensive programme of research in collaboration with industry and unique research facilities such as a multi-million 3xD simulator for development of autonomous driving systems, WMG is leading some cutting-edge research projects in collaboration with automotive industry. WMG is co-located with Jaguar Land Rover’s (JLR) research department and Tata Motor’s European Centre, which creates a unique opportunity for co-creating cutting edge and impactful research. WMG will soon inaugurate the National Automotive Innovation Centre (NAIC) in a joint investment of £150 million in partnership with Jaguar Land Rover and Tata Motors providing an unparalleled environment for research and innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate strong research leadership and to have the opportunity to develop your own professional network through interaction with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, as well as industrial partners during the life of the project.
In return we will provide a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
For informal enquiries please contact Professor Mehrdad Dianati by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +44 (0)24 7652 4884.
Closing date: 2 April 2018
Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role are found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick jobs page. You will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button below.