Search Specialist (Mandarin speaker) - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract

Abcam Plc – SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)


About the role

As a member of the Performance Marketing team here at Abcam plc, you will be working with other specialists to deliver on our 2018 growth targets.  As a Search Specialist you will be experienced in and motivated by all things digital. You will sit in our growing E-commerce team to maximise the online visibility of our brand and product offering globally across multiple online media channels. You will be working alongside other Specialists to support our growing digital footprint.

The role is a global role covering our www.abcam.cn, with 60% of the working week spent managing the organic search and the remaining 40% of the time supporting the Paid Search across Baidu (including retargeting).  You will be supporting the Head of SEO by working to implement the strategy, but to also continuously evaluate and identify areas to grow & change.  You will also work alongside category managers to meet specific campaign objectives and to support their product line in organic search.

About Performance Marketing at Abcam

Performance Marketing is central to Abcam’s business. It’s a very visible department with close working relationships with areas such as Integrated Marketing, Website Development, Design and Commercial. The talented team made up of experts in SEO, Paid Search and Digital Marketing are forward thinking, creative and solution focussed. They use the best tools available to help us truly understand our customers and their behaviour to maximise our online business and opportunities.

Roles and Responsibilities

  • To undertake the SEO and PPC for www.abcam.cn
  • To collaborate with the global digital specialists within the team to ensure a joined up approach
  • To support the implementation of the China strategy across SEO & Paid Search
  • Produce test scenarios for optimising the meta data of a website
  • Identify content for optimisation
  • Understand keyword optimisation and interpreting ranking data
  • Build relationships and manage media partners
  • Identify, test and recommend new activities
  • Ensure campaigns are optimised and delivering against KPIs
  • Budget planning, management and forecasting
  • Undertake data analysis and reporting to measure success
  • Liaise with in-house designers to create banners ads for retargeting/partnerships
  • The role is focused on pushing the right products and the best research areas, therefore a background in Life Sciences will be a real bonus to any applicant.

About You

The ideal candidate will have held a role covering PPC or SEO looking after Chinese markets, and will have had good experience of delivering increased ROI through digital.  You will also have strong knowledge of paid search optimisation and organic search optimisation for Baidu.

You will have experience managing budgets and developing forecasts, and you will be data literate and be able to interpret web analytics, ideally GA.  You will also have knowledge of ecommerce or DR activity, and be able to work alongside other media channels to build integrated campaigns.

Mandarin is required as either first or second language but you must be able to communicate at a business level.  Experience working for Chinese companies or clients is preferable.  Strong numerical analytical skills and attention to detail will be critical and you will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.  You will also be creative, innovative and able to solve business problems.

About Us

Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.

It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.

Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.