AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership Scotland
University of Strathclyde
|Funding for:||UK Students, EU Students|
|Funding amount:||Not specified|
|Placed on:||14th October 2016|
|Closes:||9th January 2017|
PhD Studentship Scheme 2017/18
- The University of Strathclyde is part of a consortium of eight Higher Education institutions which has been awarded funding from the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) to support PhD studentships at full RCUK rates.
- AHRC DTP Scotland is embedded within the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities and through SGSAH Strathclyde collaborates with our partners to offer world-class doctoral training.
- Strathclyde’s postgraduate researchers also benefit from the support of our Graduate School which offers further training, event and funding opportunities; and from our Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Development, which offers a personalised programme covering impact, external engagement and generic skills.
Strathclyde is able to offer supervision in the following areas. We also welcome innovative cross-disciplinary applications in any of the subjects listed below, and SGSAH encourages cross-institutional supervisory teams within the DTP. Please make any enquiries to the address below.
- Creative Writing
- Cultural Policy, Arts and Heritage Management
- English Language
- English Literature
- French Studies
- Hispanic, Portuguese and Latin Studies
- Interpreting and Translation
- Italian Studies
- Journalism and Publishing
- Law and Legal Studies
- Library and Information Studies
- Scottish Literature
For further details of our research strengths and supervisory expertise, please see: http://www.strath.ac.uk/dtcs/artshumanities/.
You are advised to contact potential supervisors and DTP panel representatives in advance, in order to seek guidance on the application process.
For further information: email: email@example.com
- Full information, including eligibility criteria and an overview of the application process, is available at: http://www.sgsah.ac.uk/dtp/ . Applicants may be either new or continuing students (please check the eligibility rules if you are a continuing student). Applicants already holding doctoral qualifications should not apply.
- Complete the DTP application form, using the guidance document available at http://www.sgsah.ac.uk/dtp/
- By the closing date, candidates must have: (i) applied online for a place on the PhD programme at Strathclyde. In the ‘Funding’ section of the Strathclyde application form, please write ‘AHRC’ (ii) uploaded their academic references with their online application (iii) uploaded the DTP application form as an attachment to their online application and also sent a copy of the DTP form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be notified within two weeks of the closing date about whether we will enter your application into the DTP competition.
Closing date: Monday 9 January 2017 (midnight)
Share this PhD