Top 10 Tips: Worst Things to do on your CV
- Lie - the bigger the lies you put on your CV then the better the job you will get
- List all the one-day training courses you have ever been on
- Include a photo - the more attractive you make yourself look, the better your chances
- Use elaborate fonts and colours so your CV stands out
- Divulge sensitive information - make sure that you put your NI and passport number on the front page
- Change your CV for every position you are applying for
- Make your CV gimmicky by using different shapes and pictures
- List as many referees as possible, especially if you know the Prime Minister
- Always starting each sentence in the first person, i.e. I, Me and My
- Use lots of clichéd terms or phrases such as “I am a highly motivated individual
who works well on my own or in a team, with exceptional communication skills
and the ability to work under pressure to produce results under tight deadlines”.
FREE CV Review
To make sure your CV reflects your experience and skills effectively we have teamed up with The Fuller CV, the leading professional CV writing company in Europe to give you a Free CV Review.
What do you get? After you have uploaded your CV, you will receive an email with instructions on how to arrange your free 10 minute consultation with a CV writing expert. The consultant may also offer you advice on how to promote your skills and experience and how to improve your job applications.
Professional CV Writing Service
Need a little extra help? The Fuller CV offer an award winning professional CV writing service. Their team of Senior HR Consultants are there to ensure that you are in possession of a dynamic and effective marketing tool, immediately highlighting to the Recruiter the added value which you can bring to their organisation and identifying why you are the best person for the job.
A professionally written CV really can make a difference; in fact 91% of The Fuller CV clients gain interviews within just 1 month!
Feedback from jobs.ac.uk users after using the professional CV writing service:
“ Having Ken review my CV and really showcase my skill set really made the difference. Having left my job without anything lined up, I managed to find a role in a more senior position within 5 weeks. It was definitely money well spent. I was happy with the service provided and would definitely consider using your services again.”
“ I am writing to say thank you for the CV Fuller created for me. Since I have used it, not only increased the amount of interviews but have I successfully obtained a position in ICT. Thank you for your and the teams assistance. ”
Director of ICT
Feedback from jobs.ac.uk users after using the FREE CV review service:
“ A most constructive and friendly, but focused and informative telephone review without being overtly formal. It was also refreshing to speak with a professional who thoroughly understands her subject and equally has her ear to the recruitment ground! Thank you for an honest and open appraisal! ”
“ I received frank and incisive advice on my CV from layout to contents. I found the advice from Sarah brilliant, useful and rather on point. I am confident taking the advice from Sarah and using her directions will be very helpful going forward. I highly recommend the service. ”