King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) was officially established by Royal Decree on 5 Jumada 1, 1383 (23 September, 1963).
The first students were admitted a year later, on 23 September, 1964, when 67 young men enrolled in what was then named the College of Petroleum and Minerals (CPM). Since that time, the University enrollment has grown to over 10,000 by the 2020 academic year.
To be a preeminent institution known for its globally competitive graduates, cutting edge research, and leadership in energy fields.
To make a difference within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and beyond in the fields of sciences, engineering and business.