Location: Muscat, Oman (some local, regional and international travel may be required)
Hours: Full Time. Hours as necessary for the role.
Responsible to: Vice Chancellor
Line Management: The Director, Marketing and Student Recruitment, reports directly to the Vice Chancellor. He or she has direct line management responsibility for all staff employed in administrative roles within the Marketing and Student Recruitment Directorate.
Purpose of the Job: The Director, Marketing and Student Recruitment, leads the development and implementation of the University’s marketing and student recruitment strategy. The Director is responsible for developing and executing activities to achieve student recruitment targets, developing existing and future target markets and ensuring a smooth and effective integration with the University’s admissions process.
The Director, Marketing and Student Recruitment, has two main areas of responsibility. The first main area of responsibility is for establishing and monitoring strategies, policies, procedures and implementation plans to ensure the highest possible quality of student intake for all the University’s programmes, including the pre-undergraduate Foundation Programme, the degree programmes and the Executive Education and CPD courses and programmes. The appointee will also be responsible for the development and execution of strategic initiatives to promote and expand these policies, procedures and implementation plans.
Working closely with the Vice Chancellor and the Registrar and Director, Admissions and Student Administration, and other relevant Muscat University teams, the appointee will be accountable for developing and managing the marketing, and student recruitment processes to maximise both the quality and quantity of the applicant pool to the University and to build relationships with candidates to recruit the highest quality class from the applicant pool. The appointee will ensure that the recruitment processes for Muscat University effectively serve a selective and demanding multi-cultural applicant group ready to make a significant personal and financial commitment to a high-quality education. The appointee will also be closely involved with promoting Muscat University and its programmes locally, regionally and internationally through various marketing and recruitment initiatives and will work closely with the Admissions Department of the University ensuring a smooth and effective integration of the recruitment process with the overall student journey.
The second main area of responsibility is to lead on marketing initiatives in general for Muscat University. This includes but is not limited to: developing the Muscat University brand and the overall marketing strategy; developing input on the University’s website and digital estate; and ensuring that such developments align with the University’s operational targets.
Both these main responsibilities must be carried out in close liaison and collaboration with the Vice Chancellor, relevant ministries and government departments and with key representatives of any academic institution(s) with which Muscat University has a formal partnership agreement. The Director, Marketing and Student Recruitment is expected to be a vigorous advocate for the academic programmes and the intellectual life of the Muscat University community in general.
• Supporting the University’s senior leadership team in establishing a reputation for excellence at Muscat University; advising the Vice Chancellor, on matters relating to marketing and student recruitment and to the successful delivery of the University’s admissions targets;
• Ensuring that the relationship between the staff of the Marketing and Student Recruitment Directorate and other members of the University community is productive, open and mutually trusting;
• Leading on the ongoing refinement of the University’s policies, procedures and implementation plans in the areas of marketing and student recruitment for approval by the Vice Chancellor, enabling the University to enhance its profile and reputation for excellence;
• Being an effective ambassador for the University locally, regionally and internationally among academics, parents, students and prospective sponsors as well as senior members of international affiliate institutions;
• Providing clear and collaborative leadership through example, inspiring the staff of the Marketing and Student Recruitment Directorate to succeed in all their activities;
• Managing, mentoring and training of the Marketing and Student Recruitment Directorate team;
• Ensuring that the University makes appropriate and effective use of digital technology to enhance the University’s activities in the areas of marketing and student recruitment.
• A clear track record of complete personal and professional integrity and of a commitment to equality and diversity at all levels;
• A proven track record of excellence in leadership and management at a senior level within the areas of marketing and student recruitment, preferably within a higher education institution;
• Strong intellectual leadership and credibility, with the ability to maintain the respect and confidence of multiple stakeholders including faculty, staff and students;
• High-level strategic thinking, problem-solving and entrepreneurial skills;
• Excellent ambassadorial skills enabling the building and maintaining of strong relationships with external partners including academics, parents, students and prospective sponsors as well as senior members of international affiliate institutions;
• A good knowledge and understanding of international higher education policies, practices and norms relating to the areas of marketing, recruitment and admissions and a commitment to internationalisation;
• Commercial acumen and the ability to develop business-to-business relationships; ability to utilise knowledge of the full marketing mix to develop brand and marketing strategies, create bespoke promotional materials, and develop input on the website and digital estate; manage market research and marketing, recruitment and admissions date; co-ordinate events and manage agreed budgets;
• Experience of working in the Middle East and/or experience of working closely with partners from the Middle East region;
• Experience of shaping a marketing, recruitment and admissions implementation plan for a new institution or unit within an institution and successfully delivering against strategic objectives;
• Understanding of and a commitment to the delivery of a very high-quality student experience in the areas of marketing, and student recruitment;
•The ability to support key colleagues at the University in attracting, recruiting and retaining high quality faculty, staff and students;
•Direct experience of strategic planning, the management of staff, and of financial and other resources;
•Proven ability to design, initiate and implement marketing plans, strategies and sales tactics which have made a significant contribution to sustainable business growth;
•Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, influencing and networking skills and a proven ability to engage and influence at a high level with multiple constituencies;
•A strong belief in and commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Muscat University.
Education, Qualifications and Training
A Master’s degree or other higher level academic or professional qualification, preferably in an area closely related to business or marketing, is essential. At least 10 years’ experience of marketing, and student recruitment in a higher education context, including experience in staff management, is required. A level of proficiency in English, both oral and written, equivalent to that of a native-speaker is also essential. Proficiency in Arabic would be an added bonus.
Terms and Conditions
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.
For more information or to apply, please contact Chris Boote at SearchHigher at email@example.com or on +44 2476 522050.
Please note: On this site, overseas organisations offer posts in overseas jurisdictions to which UK and EU equality law does not apply. Consequently, posts may be published which could be construed as incompatible with UK law, but which are entirely lawful within the employers’ jurisdiction, entitling them to publish the adverts accordingly.
|Location:||Muscat - Oman|
|Salary:||A competitive compensation and benefits package|
|Placed On:||23rd July 2018|
|Closes:||2nd September 2018|
Type / Role: