Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University School of Business and Technology provides a range of carefully selected programmes with a professional focus to get our students on track for their business career. Our links with leading businesses help us to design and deliver highly relevant programmes, tailored to meet the needs of today’s business climate.
What you’ll do
An integral part of the programme and student support teams across the University, you will report to the Programme Support Manager and ensure a smooth learning journey for all students. You will be key to supporting student engagement, progression and the operational delivery of the School of Business and Technology programmes as well as ensuring high quality, consistent support for all enrolled.
- Act as a point of contact for all programme queries and offer excellent customer service and issue resolution
- Provide regular communication to students regarding their programme of study, ensuring relevant and consistent messaging for all students
- Coordinating monitoring and tracking of progression of all key programme elements
- Providing accurate reporting to the senior management and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring students have appropriate access to timetable, library and other appropriate resources
- Provide academic and safeguarding support to students
- Monitor student attendance and follow up in line with student engagement policy
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary, to include: Client Services, Student Records, Examinations Office, Room Bookings and Student Advice.
- Maintenance of appropriate programme information systems (e.g. SharePoint, VLE Home Page and Business School Hub).
- Record and process academic requests (extensions and deferrals)
- Create programme ‘at risk’ register ensuring appropriate actions are taken and followed up on
- Direct and communicate with students following examination results release around progression, completion and withdrawal
- Ensure that accurate student records are maintained including achievement, progression and learning support
Knowledge, experience and skills required
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of operational organisation including developing new systems and processes
- Ability to manage problems and find appropriate solutions
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Good IT Skills (Excel, Word, Databases, conference/web software)
- Experience of negotiation and managing different stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience at producing and managing documentation
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task when necessary
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Check.
How to apply
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/bpp/displayjob.aspx?jobid=2385
Closing date: 28th September