|Salary:||Up to £45,000|
|Placed On:||13th September 2018|
|Closes:||10th October 2018|
Help us transform the way the world does business
We’re searching for a Research Support Manager with the dedication and resourcefulness needed to help provide a supportive, professional research environment and nurture a culture of educational excellence at the London Business School.
Support cutting-edge research at the London Business School
As the Research Support Manager, you’ll use your resourcefulness, proactivity and exceptional organisation skills to create an environment at the London Business School where quality research can thrive and grow. Sharing information, facilitating funding, and maintaining our information channels, you’ll play a key role in keeping us at the forefront of research excellence. Here you’ll:
• Help provide a supportive and professional research environment
• Build relationships across teams and facilitate a culture of information sharing
• Advise on internal and external schemes and funding opportunities
• Maintain and enhance the research infrastructure, by working collaboratively with Accounts, Library, and IT
• Work with the Assistant Director (Research) on the School’s preparation and submission to the next REF2021 assessment exercise
• Assist with the allocation of research funds, and work with the Director, Research & Faculty Office and Deputy Dean (Faculty) in monitoring the internal resources available for the support of faculty research
Share our knowledge
We generate research and ideas that have a real, lasting influence on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we have to make sure we’ve got the people, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a small and friendly team, putting your skills and abilities to use to make a real difference not only to the London Business School – but to the landscape of research and education.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Proven experience in similar role (e.g. grant funding contact in a university)
• Knowledge of HE research-funding environment
• Strong communication, customer-service and relationship-building skills
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills
• Experience with external funder grant application systems
• Confident with databases and Excel
• Budget management experience
Be part of an international network
We’re a global institution: 94% of our students and 86% of our faculty members are international. Together, we’re changing the way the world does business. Based in London’s Regent’s Park, this is an opportunity to work at the heart of Europe’s digital capital – and in one of the world’s most important financial, entrepreneurial and cultural centres.
Our vision is to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This can only be achieved through our people; with 93% of our staff saying they are proud to work here and being consistently ranked among the best in the world for our MBA, global Executive MBA and Masters in Finance programmes you will have an opportunity to be part of this journey.
As an employee at London Business School you will enjoy a generous holiday entitlement, on site swimming pool, sauna and gym, automatic enrolment to the Universities Superannuation Scheme (a defined benefit workplace pension scheme) and season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path. Our full list of employee benefits can be accessed here.
Location: Regent's Park
Salary: Up to £45,000
Type / Role: