Project Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle Open Innovation Platform
Salary: £30,395 to £39,609 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Placed on: 13th September 2018
Closes: 7th October 2018
Fixed Term Contract for 2 Years
WMG is at the forefront of collaborative R & D on automotive engineering with significant research and exciting growth plans in the area of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles. With an extensive programme of research in collaboration with industry and unique research facilities such as a multi-million pound 3xD simulator for development of autonomous driving systems, WMG is leading some cutting-edge research projects in collaboration with the automotive industry. WMG is co-located with Jaguar Land Rover’s (JLR) research department and Tata Motor’s European Centre, which creates a unique opportunity for co-creating cutting edge and impactful research. WMG will soon inaugurate the National Automotive Innovation Centre (NAIC) in a joint investment of £150 million in partnership with Jaguar Land Rover and Tata Motors providing an unparalleled environment for research and innovation.
Intelligent Vehicles Research Group, dedicated to the development of connected and autonomous vehicles within WMG, is currently seeking to appoint an engineer/researcher to contribute to a number of exciting research activities in the area of connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV). Including the design, build and demonstration of an Autonomous Vehicle Open Innovation Platform. This project intends to create a internationally unique fleet of cooperative autonomous vehicles based on an open platform.
The applicants are required to:
• Have a good honours degree (and ideally a post graduate qualification) in a relevant subject (e.g computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering)
• Have good practical experience in software/hardware, preferably in related application domains (e.g., automotive systems), such as JAVA/C++/Python, System Integration, Database System, etc (demonstrated by relevant experience)
• Have very good skills in technical writing and presentations
The successful candidate:
• Is expected to contribute to delivery of the technical work of the project which will involve some software development for the processing of data collected from piloting of autonomous vehicles,
• Depending on the background of the successful applicant, he/she is expected to either contribute to the practical aspects R & D (developing autonomous vehicles and smart infrastructures) or in developing scientific publications,
• Will interact with the industrial partners of the project, mainly from the automotive industry,
• Will contribute to the development of new research proposals.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate strong research leadership and to have the opportunity to develop your own professional network through interaction with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, as well as industrial partners during the life of the project.
For informal enquiries please contact Professor Mehrdad Dianati by email to email@example.com or telephone: +44 (0)24 7652 4884.
Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role are found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick jobs page. You will be routed to this when you click on the Apply button.