|Salary:||£42,036 to £48,677 per annum, pro rata|
|Placed On:||4th October 2018|
|Closes:||18th October 2018|
The Faculty of Life Sciences and Education is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer (part-time) to join the School of Psychology and Therapeutic Studies. The successful applicant will teach primarily at postgraduate level, and will:
• contribute to teaching of integrative counselling and psychotherapy skills and theory, using a relational integrative approach
• contribute to teaching of professional practice issues
• lead modules on the PG Diploma Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
• support and supervise Masters dissertation projects
• engage in research, scholarly activity and/ or external training.
This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and enthusiastic team, which encompasses a wide range of counselling and psychotherapy approaches. This job may suit you if you are an experienced therapist with up- to- date knowledge of the subject area and a commitment to training new therapists in best practice. You will be accredited as a therapist by BACP or UKCP (or equivalent), or eligible to apply for accreditation. Experience of teaching in Higher or Further Education is preferred. Interest in developing a research profile is a strong advantage.
The course is based at our light and modern Newport City Centre Campus, which has excellent public transport links. Students benefit from placements in our in-house counselling services and a purpose built counselling clinic used by both courses and services.
This position is based at Newport City Campus of the University of South Wales.
The terms and conditions of the post (including grade and salary) will be those of the University of South Wales.
Type / Role: