|Salary:||£50,132 to £58,089 (supplement of £5,000 for qualified candidates)|
|Placed On:||8th October 2018|
|Closes:||22nd October 2018|
12 month fixed term role
HEAD OF FINANCE (RESEARCH)
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s great success stories. In just over fifty years since being founded we’ve become one of the country’s best universities, consistently in the top 10 of UK league tables, with an ambition to be one of the world’s exceptional universities by 2030. Warwick has an excellent track record of research quality and our annual research income in 2017/18 exceeded £126m. With a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit and a group turnover in excess of £600m, the University offers exciting career opportunities for ambitious accountants.
You will be responsible for the efficient and effective financial management of the University’s portfolio of research and research-related activities. Reporting to the Deputy Finance Director (Departmental Services) you will lead the Research Finance Team (16 staff, including 3 qualified Finance Managers) to deliver high-quality services to academic departments, senior management, and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for financial management of the University’s research and research-related activities, including:
2. Supporting strategic decision making through the provision of information, analysis, and advice.
3. Lead the University’s financial planning, accounting, and reporting for its externally funded research and research-related activities.
4. Responsible signatory for University’s research finance returns.
5. Develop and manage an effective and positive relationship with external and internal auditors; prepare for audit visits and address any recommendations made.
6. Lead the Research Finance Team, setting clear objectives, delivering regular communication updates, training, support, and advice.
The Successful Applicant
You will have a strong academic track record that includes a good honours degree and a professional accounting qualification.
You will have extensive experience of financial modelling, problem solving, and project management.
You will possess excellent management, leadership, and organisational skills.
You will have excellent IT skills, including advanced Excel knowledge, and extensive user experience of large scale financial systems, e.g. SAP.
For more information please feel free to contact Chris Boote on 02476575004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type / Role: