Are you looking for an exciting job in the university and college sector?
The Faculty of Education and Arts (FLU) at Nord University, Levanger campus, invites applications for a permanent position as Associate Professor in Mathematics Didactics.
If no suitable candidate is found for the stated academic rank, the position may be offered at the level of University Lecturer. In such a case, candidate suitability will be determined upon agreement with the Dean.
The position is based at the Levanger campus. However, the academic community at Nord University is distributed across several campuses, and cooperation between academic staff in the Faculty – regardless of geographical location – is highly valued. This role may also involve assignments at the other Nord University campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position entails teaching and supervision in Mathematics Didactics at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level, as well as research development and dissemination.
- Research that is focused on teacher training and professional practice is a priority of the Faculty. The employee should, ideally, pursue profession-specific issues.
- The appointed candidate should contribute to major research projects, apply for external funding, and establish research collaborations with national and international partners.
- It is expected that the employee will participate in the collegial community and enhance the academic environment of the Faculty and the institution more broadly.
- An appointment as Associate Professor (research-oriented Førsteamanuensis in the Norwegian system) in Mathematics Didactics requires a Norwegian doctoral degree in Mathematics Didactics or a corresponding doctoral degree from an accredited foreign institution that has been deemed equivalent in quality and breadth.
- An appointment as Associate Professor (teaching-oriented Førstelektor in the Norwegian system) in Mathematics Didactics requires documented research and development at a level and scope commensurate with that demanded by a doctoral degree.
- An appointment as a University Lecturer in Mathematics Didactics requires a Master’s degree in Mathematics Didactics from a university, college, or an equivalent.
- Foundational training in university pedagogy is a requirement for this position. Applicants who cannot document foundational competence in pedagogy must acquire this training within a two-year period. Nord University offers courses which can fulfill this requirement.
For further information about the position, please contact:
Morten Einar Edvardsen, Subject Group Leader, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tlf. + 47 75 05 78 23
Edgar Alstad, Section Coordinator, e- mail: email@example.com, Tlf. +47 74 02 26 76
For more information and how to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by the closing date of 16 December 2018.