Wellcome are looking for a Digital & Technology Information Governance Manager to provide subject matter expert solutions. This role is within a small team of two and supporting varied departments within the organisation.
The opportunity is there for someone to build and grow with the team as well as helping Wellcome to develop this area and make a difference.
- To comply with the procedure and time constraints for handling any Subject Access requests under the DPA/GDPR.
- Provide advice and assistance to applicants to discharge Wellcome's responsibilities enforceable by the Information Commissioner. In doing so, ensure that other relevant legislation is complied with.
- The Information Governance team will work to define/deliver Information Governance communications, training and raising awareness sessions.
- In conjunction with the SIRO, Information Governance Lead and Information Governance Group, define, develop and implementation of information governance policies, procedures, protocols and controls.
- To impact a positive culture for Information Governance in the organisation.
See full job description.
Experience & Skills
To succeed, you will have:
- Good experience in operational and strategic information governance and records management.
- Specialist expertise of developing, implementing and evaluating records management and information governance strategies, policies and practices including the management of change.
- Proven ability to communicate and implement recommendations.
- A record of contributing to business operations and decision making through the development of process improvements.
- Known for influencing standards and priorities to ensure efficient operation of business processes.
- Practical knowledge of legislation governing information and records and implications.
Education & Qualifications
Degree level qualification in an information management related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Completed accredited Information Governance training.
- Data Protection (GDPR) experience.
- GDPR certified.
- Degree in IT Computing.
- ITIL, Service Level Management, Agile / PRINCE2 Project Management qualification.
- Security certification e.g. CISM/CISSP or equivalent.
- ISO27001, ISO9001, SOC1/2, ISAE3402, COBIT 5 knowledge/experience.
- Post Graduate qualification.