Salary: ¥220,000 to ¥370,000 per annum depends on qualification and experience (plus housing, allocation allowance, insurance, etc.)
- To design and deliver lessons of an appropriate level, standard and quality as required by the programme syllabus. Subject teachers may also be required from time-to-time to contribute to or lead modules and programmes.
- To work collaboratively with other teachers to support students in their learning and development of appropriate study skills and subject-specific knowledge.
- To design and mark formative assessments and monitor students’ learning, in conjunction with other lecturers where appropriate.
- To engage pro-actively with partner universities and external organisations as required.
- To be involved in setting, invigilating, and marking examinations when required.
- To undertake research and scholarly activity relevant to the discipline being taught and to the wider research objectives of the College.
- To maintain accurate records of student performance and of teaching and learning activity. To monitor student attendance and, as required, to prepare appropriate reports.
- To participate, as required, in meetings associated with the operation and management of programmes.
- To offer pastoral care tutorials to a group of students: to monitor their progress, to guide them on development of independent learning skills and time management, to advise on appropriate social skills for living in the west and to offer support and academic counselling.
- To be responsible for the safe keeping of any equipment, books or other College resources used in connection with academic and administrative activities and to observe all health and safety requirements.
- If required, to participate in promotional and marketing activities related to the programmes offered by the College.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with this post as required by the Head of School or nominee.
First degree or equivalent; Masters degree; PhD
A teaching qualification; Professional body qualification relevant to the subject area.
Ideally 3 years’ teaching experience in higher education.
Skills and Experience: Essential
Ideally 3 years’ teaching experience.
Experience outside higher education is desirable.
- Academic qualification at postgraduate level.
- The ability to contribute to integrated teaching across the curriculum.
- An understanding of UK higher education and the needs and requirements of international students.
- Direct experience of higher education in an international context.
- Research skills and record in publishing research in international journals.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- A commitment to teamwork, to working flexibly and to seeking solutions to problems.
- A record of achievement in teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills including high-level fluency in English. Numerate and articulate.
- Competence in the effective use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT).
Skills and Experience: Desirable
- Specific experience of education in China.
- Experience of the development of academic programmes.
- Experience of academic assessment and standards and of quality assurance procedures.
- Experience of teaching non-native speakers of English.
Further details of all programmes are available from the SBC website –
Note: To apply, please submit your completed application with a copy of your curriculum vitae and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position.
For enquires and application forms, please sent to Roy Chen by email at email@example.com