Are you an inspirational and motivating Economics teacher? Are you a team player who would like the freedom to innovate? If your answers are YES, then why not join our outstanding Business and Economics team, here at the University of Sheffield International College.
The University of Sheffield International College and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with the University of Sheffield. We are currently seeking an Academic Tutor in Economics.
- Provide academic coordination for the designated module(s) in the role of Module Coordinator
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by the college
- Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a normal teaching commitment of 18.75 hours per week. However, there may be a reduction in teaching for curriculum responsibility, as well as academic coordination.
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
- Develop and update course material for related modules, including module material on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Providing academic guidance and support to a designated group of students through the tutorial system
- Work with the college’s Student & Academic Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Subject.
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy working with international students and be performance driven. In addition, you will have:
Qualifications & Training:
- A master’s degree in Economics, Econometrics or a related discipline.
- A teaching qualification such as PGCE, PGHE or equivalent
- A PhD degree in Economics.
- Ability to teach Statistics and Econometrics at a minimum of level 3
- Demonstrable experience of outstanding teaching in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics within a UK higher, further education or school context at a minimum of level 3
- Experience in working with international students
- Examination marking experience at a minimum of level 3
- Demonstrable experience of providing targeted support for weaker students
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Stata, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centered and client-focused approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.