Salary: £34,189 - £39,609 together with USS pension benefits
Location: Swansea University, Singleton Campus
Main Purpose of the Post
This is an exciting opportunity to join the fast paced, ever-changing, service-focused Academic Quality Services team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active and resilient person with a positive mindset who thrives on challenge and can solve problems creatively and be focused on delivering an excellent service.
The role-holder will lead the Programme Development, Approval and Management Team, and be responsible for delivering and ensuring the provision of pro-active expert advice and guidance across all aspects, including regulations and policy, quality assurance processes, external engagement and curriculum design.
Working in partnership with key stakeholders, including academic staff and students within the University’s academic Colleges, the role holder will lead and drive the development and ongoing enhancement of high profile and influential business processes, with a specific focus on Programme development, inclusive curriculum design and approval, and the ongoing management, review and enhancement of the University’s portfolio of programmes.
Please refer to the Job Description for the main duties of the post.
- Degree or equivalent significant professional experience in a related field.
- Proven experience of exceptional communication skills, providing high quality, responsive and influential customer-focused advice, guidance and support for a range of stakeholders, including senior colleagues.
- Proven experience of delivering with impact and exceeding demanding targets.
- Proven experience of high quality, efficient analytical writing, including policy, guidance or procedural development (or similar).
- Proven experience of building and leading effective, organised, high-performance teams.
- Proven experience in using relevant technology to delivery efficiency gains.
- Proven experience of operating in a high pressure environment effectively over an extended period of time.
- A positive and engaging approach coupled with a proven ability and desire to learn, analyse and use information, including data, quickly and accurately and to lead and inspire others.
- Excellent professional communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to present information effectively across a range of platforms, formats and media.
- A broad knowledge of quality assurance processes and how they support effective outcomes.
- Excellent IT skills, an understanding of how systems can be used to enhance processes.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills to manage multiple work streams and projects, with ability to plan and prioritise work across your team to meet demanding deadlines.
- Able to engage with stakeholders empathetically, build relationships and networks, and influence them to ensure the best outcome.
- Able to creatively approach problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Committed to continuing professional development, including monitoring developments within the sector relating to programme/curriculum design, teaching practice and quality assurance.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Philip Maull, Head of Academic Quality Services, Academic Services, Tel 01792 606855 Email: email@example.com
To apply, please click here: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/details.php?nPostingId=36118&nPostingTargetId=53512&id=QHUFK026203F3VBQB7VLO8NXD&LG=UK&mask=suext
Closing date: 11pm on Wednesday, 13th March