Qualification & Responsibility
Reports to: Team Leader of Marketing Team, University Marketing and Communication
The Marketing Manager develops and implements innovative strategies and initiatives that contribute to the growth and reputational objectives of the University. The role is both strategic and “hands-on,” ready to roll up their sleeves to get project work completed to world-class standards.
The Marketing Manager is well-grounded in branding, marketing theory and best practice, has extensive experience in leading multi-cultural and international marketing initiatives, is a skilled planner, leads effectively through influence, and has passion for education and international engagement.
Please note: International candidates must have 2 years relevant higher education experience in a full-time marketing or communications role to be eligible for a visa.
- Research, develop and implement marketing and communication plans that promote the XJTLU brands, degrees and other courses of study, schools, research, institutional partnerships and corporate engagement;
- Engage inclusive marketing planning processes and deliver actionable plans; establish key performance indicators and other measurements of success and monitor results;
- Undertake market research to inform marketing and recruitment strategies, monitor competitive intelligence, etc. for the University overall, for specific geographic markets or for specific academic programmes;
- Help develop and promote XJTLU’s brands, identities and profiles and apply consistently to a wide range of marketing channels;
- Plan and produce digital marketing campaigns that include electronic direct mail, web marketing, social media, etc.
- Plan and produce off-line integrated marketing communications that may include print collateral, advertising, promotional events, marketing merchandise, public relations, etc. to achieve campaign or programme objectives;
- Work with colleagues to create, edit and publish content for websites, collateral material, digital/social media marketing initiatives, videos, campaigns, email marketing, etc.;
- Prepare marketing campaigns or bespoke collateral to support student recruitment at educational fairs, establish KPIs and work with recruiting teams to monitor effectiveness;
- Provide input for the University’s social media strategies, integrating into various marketing communication plans;
- Contribute to the development and promotion of new marketing opportunities with companies, clients, partners, agencies, institutions, as appropriate;
- Share best practices with colleagues and participate in professional development activities;
- Direct and supervise the work of marketing officers and assigned project teams, as appropriate;
- Such other duties, commensurate with the function of the position, as might be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in business or marketing is essential; MBA, master’s degree in marketing or business communication, CIM Diploma or equivalent postgraduate qualification/s is preferred;
- Ideally five to seven years of experience in marketing management in a corporate or institutional setting is essential; ideally minimum of two years of directly relevant experience and in-depth knowledge of higher education is desirable;
- High-level fluency in English is essential; working knowledge or fluency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus;
- Experience managing integrated marketing campaigns;
- Significant experience with digital marketing and online advertising is strongly preferred;
- Experience working with creative teams to develop complex projects such as collateral material, videos, websites or advertising;
- Flexibility to work occasional extended hours including evenings or weekends.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualities
- Superior marketing and business writing skills are essential; excellent oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are also required; and
- Proven track record in researching, planning and administering similar integrated marketing initiatives;
- Highly productive self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects and effectively manage competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Excellent planner and project manager who is resourceful and analytical with a well-developed ability to research, evaluate information, plan strategies and assess risk;
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiating and communication abilities; ability to work within teams, to speak publicly, to interact with different stakeholders and sectors, to gain new allies and to promote coalition work;
- Creative and flexible with ability to develop new approaches to advance goals and objectives;
- Tactful and enthusiastic with a “can-do” attitude; able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment under public scrutiny; and
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems and take responsibility for decisions; welcomes opportunities for feedback.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Balal Khan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Marketing Manager and Team Leader, University Marketing and Communications.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must apply online at http://job.xjtlu.edu.cn