Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group, founded 40 years ago, is a global education provider delivering world-class professional apprenticeships, qualifications, degree programmes and professional development. The group delivers programmes across the UK and internationally through innovative online learning platforms and local partners in the countries in which we operate.
Launched in 2018, BPP University School of Nursing is committed to delivering practical and relevant nursing and healthcare education, with the community in mind. Providing the right balance between academic theory and practical learning, and developed with key partners in the NHS and private healthcare sectors, our bespoke learning plans help to achieve their vision and long-term goals.
What you’ll do
The Deputy Dean reports to the Dean and is primarily responsible for assisting the Dean in the provision of leadership within the School, oversight of School planning, business development, performance, governance and quality assurance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Dean to develop the Faculty’s academic culture and community in collaboration with senior colleagues across the University.
- Work with the Dean to deliver an excellent student experience through the fusion of education, scholarly activity, research and professional practice.
- Work with Head of Apprenticeships to maintain the quality and monitoring of existing and new apprenticeship opportunities.
- Be an ambassador for the Faculty and University, both externally and internally.
- Deputise for the Dean as appropriate.
- Contributing to the monitoring of governance and quality assurance within the School and the wider University.
- Attend key strategic University meetings and committees.
- Attend School of Nursing Board and School of Nursing External Examination Board.
- Ensure regulatory standards are maintained and required reports are completed.
- Lead programme validation and revalidation.
- Liaise and meet with senior leaders from University partners.
- Contribute to the writing and submission of Tender to support revenue growth.
- Line Manage the Heads of Programmes & Programme Lead for Apprenticeships.
- A minimum of a Masters Level qualification
- Held a position at a Senior Leadership Level.
- Current NMC Registration and NMC Teacher Status.
- Possess HEA Senior Fellowship
- Proven track record in developing business partnerships and revenue generation.
- Proven track record of working in Higher Education within Nursing both pre and post registration.
- Knowledge and experience of working the NHS, the Private and the Voluntary Sectors.
- Proven working knowledge of Apprenticeships at Levels 5 & 6.
- An understanding of the role and function of HEE.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with senior client stakeholders and BPP colleagues.
- Experience of Writing Tenders and reports.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to work under own initiative and prioritise your work effectively.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering on time and using your own initiative.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and lead a team.
For details on how to apply, please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/bpp/displayjob.aspx?jobid=2539