Salary – Full time starting salary is normally in the range £50,132 to £58,089. With potential progression once in post to £75,744 a year.
Summary of Role
Birmingham Business School is embarking on an exciting programme to redevelop its postgraduate education programmes. Along with the School’s recently appointed Director of Postgraduate Education these new positions will play a key role in this project. The review will encompass all aspects of our postgraduate provision including on campus and blended learning programmes. Our aim is to develop sector leading postgraduate programmes rooted in research excellence, evidence based pedagogic approaches and outstanding student support.
This is a teaching focussed role where the major priority is the development and leadership of major new academic Business School programmes.
Key Responsibilities Involved
- Lead the development of new and/or revised programmes to meet the strategic aim of the School to have a sector leading portfolio of postgraduate education programmes.
- Work with the Head of Postgraduate Programmes to implement a strategic review of the School’s current and future postgraduate programme portfolio.
- Make a significant contribution to the pedagogical knowledge base of the subject that advances teaching through the enhancement of practice, the development of teaching resources and/or through practice-based research
- Lead on the management and the development of approaches to teaching and learning that are innovative to the subject area or institution
- Engage in research and scholarship in business education and contribute to debate nationally about new approaches to policy, methods and practices through publications, conferences, and activities that advance quality in the field
- Lead the development of new and appropriate approaches to learning and teaching. This may be underpinned by research and evaluation of teaching methods and systems
- Teach and examine courses at a range of levels
- Plan and review own teaching approaches and act as a mentor to encourage others to do the same
- Undertake and develop the full range of responsibilities in relation to supervision, marking and examining
- Use appropriate approaches to learning and teaching in their field
- Disseminate appropriate practices through suitable media
- Develop and advise others on learning and teaching tasks and methods.
- Normally, a higher Degree relevant to the research/teaching area (usually PhD) or equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrated excellence in learning and teaching, and the management and administration of taught programmes.
- A track record of developing new academic programmes that demonstrate innovative approaches to pedagogy, disciplinary content and student experience.
- Expertise in the development and practice of online and blended delivery.
- An excellent teaching profile and performance in terms of both impact and quality.
- Evidence of teaching and programme design informed by scholarship and/or research.
For any informal queries contact Prof Dan Herbert, D.Herbert@bham.ac.uk
Closing date: 28 April 2019 Reference: 80594
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote the appropriate Job Ref in all enquiries, alternatively information can be obtained from www.hr.bham.ac.uk
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment