Reporting Line: Managing Director
Place: Berlin with frequent travel between campuses and internationally
Offers representation to: Programme Managers
- Coordination and Development of existing academic study programmes, provided in collaboration with our international HE partners as well as responsibilities for the creation of new academic programmes and curricula.
- Development of our quality assurance systems: Documentation and Optimisation of existing and new processes in the academic department. Oversight of local processes within the collaboration partner’s Due Diligence and Validation Processes.
- Working closely with legal institutions and ministries in order to register and run academic programmes; hereby especially preparing national and international accreditations and recognitions.
- Support and Control of admissions processes in cooperation with our international HE partners.
- Control of HR-Processes regarding Recruitment and Employment of new teaching staff and, if applicable, academic personnel; including the further expansion of our pool of visiting lecturers.
- Working closely with permanent and visiting lecturers including annual planning of teaching, timetabling and overall support.
- Development and Establishment of an Academic Affairs Office which spans different campuses and caters for tasks such as timetabling of lecturers, courses and programmes, supporting events (from Orientation to Graduation) and coordination meetings, developing course material and offering academic support of students.
- Continuing collaboration and coordination with the relevant players and representative of academic bodies at the GISMA Business School GmbH regarding central strategic and organizational planning and development.
- Working closely with representatives of the owner’s company Global University Systems (GUS) in areas such as strategy development, reporting and quality assurance process development and enhancement.
- Line management for all members of the Academic Department (Admissions, Programme Management, Academic Advisors, etc.).
- Minimum of Masters degree (preferably higher).
- Ideally several years of experience in working in Higher Education or similar education or research institutions with comparable tasks and responsibilities in international context.
- Good networks within the German and international HE sectors (experience with British universities desirable).
- Ideally several years of successful leadership experience.
- Proactive outlook, above-average enthusiasm and a clear commitment to cooperation with communicative and social abilities working in flat hierarchies.
- Proof of pro-found experience of working in learning and teaching.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English; knowledge of another language desirable.
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office-Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Very good time management with ability to prioritise
- Eye for detail
- Team player and high level of intercultural competencies
- High level of social competencies and ability to stand one’s ground
- Entrepreneurial way of thinking, acting and decision making
- Resilient and flexible
If you are interested in joining an international team, please send your Salary Expectation, CV and Covering Letter in English as PDF File to:
Benjamin Haack – Director Operations
Deadline of Application: 30/07/2019