Liverpool Street, London
Full time, Fixed term Maternity cover (part time applications may be considered)
Monday to Friday plus occasional evenings and weekends
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, apprenticeships and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online platforms. When you work with BPP, you will be part of a business that really believes in supporting your personal and professional development.
What you’ll do
This role requires the holder to take full ownership and accountability for the activities of the Registry function: its people, processes and systems. This is a hands on role to ensure the effective strategic and operational activities of the Registry office, at all touch points during the student journey.
The post holder will:
- Have full responsibility for process enhancement, governance matters, adherence to and application of University regulation and policy
- Ensure compliance with national expectations
- Advise on any issues arising for the enhancement of Academic Registry professional practice, staff training and development.
- Have a reporting line to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, for regulatory compliance matters and, in particular, for University awarding functions through University Examination and other Boards, individual student assessment agreements and support, and student complaint matters.
Roles and responsibilities will include
- Ensure that the Registry function is aligned to the strategic goals of the organisation
- Ensure that the Academic Registry provides a directed, joined up, proactive, high standard of service across all of its areas of delivery
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure performance and effectiveness;
- Work closely with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (DVC) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, data quality standards, student assessments and complaints
- To be the main owner of the Student Information Systems (Banner, Athena, Filemaker etc.), and ensure these systems are managed efficiently and effectively, and hold accurate and reliable data
- Lead the team to ensure full implementation of Banner functionality by 2020
- To ensure Registry fully complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Education, skills & Experience required
- A degree or equivalent level qualification
- Extensive experience within a similar role in a higher education environment
- Extensive knowledge of GDPR requirements and their application to the Registry function
- Experience of the management of staff, institutional and departmental processes and of developing and maintaining records systems, operational procedures and management tools;
- A highly developed understanding of governance, policy, regulatory and University decision-making processes, with demonstrable experience of writing policy, protocols, reports, briefing and regulatory documents to publication standard;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access;
- Familiarity with the Ellucian Banner Student Information System would be an advantage.
- Be highly resilient, organised and efficient with the ability to multi-task and organise others
- And you must be an experienced manager, confident and able to work on your own initiative and with limited supervision.
For a full job description and details on how to apply please visit:
Closing date: 22nd July 2019