London (with some national, possible international travel)
Who we are
Working with leading businesses across the world, and with 10 years’ business learning experience, BPP University School of Business and Technology provides a range of forward-facing digital technology programmes at a range of levels, tailored for the needs of today’s business climate.
What you’ll do
The role of the Faculty lecturer is to develop and deliver innovative and high quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers. Lecturers must have significant professional experience in their discipline, as well as the enthusiasm to pass their passion for their specialist area on to students, learners, clients and peers.
Roles and responsibilities will include
- Maintain a sophisticated understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers, including an appreciation of how technology is impacting the workplace, the professions and particular job roles in their specialisms.
- Develop and deliver high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists that reflect current corporate and professional body priorities.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments, work-based learning projects and professional development activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators, complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
- Complete data driven analysis, reporting of learner and client outcomes.
- Bring professional expertise and an understanding of the current corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Analyse corporate capabilities in their specialist areas and develop tailored corporate training offerings based on relevant professional experience and expertise.
- Provide professional developmental insight and use coaching models to support in work or academic projects as required.
- Manage cohorts of students to ensure the integrity and operational efficiency of the programmes.
- Undertake thought leadership activities that contribute to the School’s knowledge base and increases its profile among potential students and clients.
- Engage with commercial and business development activities and provide client liaison as required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
- First degree and/or relevant professional qualifications.
- For those not currently holding either a teaching qualification or a Fellowship of the HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP’s PGCLT or HEA scheme is essential.
- Extensive professional experience in relevant corporate roles.
- Understanding of organisational capability requirements in specialist area.
- Leadership, training or staff development experience.
- Giving presentations or public speaking.
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative.
- Digital literacy.
- Ownership and accountability.
- Team orientation.
- Relevant postgraduate degree.
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications.
- Understanding of work based learning;
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check
For a full job description and details on how to apply please visit:
Closing date: 25/07/2019