Closing date: 06/10/2019
The Director of Research and Technical Support (DRTS) is responsible for the strategic, administrative and organizational planning of the support mechanisms of CyI’s Research Division. This includes the management of the Research and Innovation Management and Support (RIMS) Office of the Institute and the Office of Technical Services and Support (TSS). In addition, in close collaboration with the newly established Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship s/he promotes the culture of innovation in the research ecosystem of the Institute. The DRTS is responsible for overseeing the administration of all research grants, their related agreements, and research contracts and manages the personnel supporting the Research Centers of CyI including project management, proposal writing and technical support.
The responsibilities of the RIMS office inter alia are:
- To identify and seek to realize research opportunities fitting the mission, competencies and research portfolio of the Institute.
- Be the CyI Contact Point for specific funding schemes and actions
- To contribute in authoring institutional research funding proposals
- To collect data of research output and research activities
- To present tailored topics of research support to the research community of the Institute
- To propose and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which meet the approval of the scientific management of the Institute
- To establish training sessions among the research and technical support personnel to share experience and expertise and present tailored topics of research support to the research community of the Institute
- To liaise with national and European authorities for research and innovation policy and advocacy issues and participate in relevant collaborative projects
The responsibilities of the TSS office inter alia are:
- To develop and manage the human resources (technicians, technical specialists and other experts) developing, operating and maintaining CyI’s research infrastructure.
- Optimize the performance of CyI’s research infrastructure both in terms of quality and cost
- Provide specialized and appropriately costed technical services to the CyI, national and international research community
The DRTS is expected to initiate or enhance services of the highest standards in the following areas:
- Costing and pricing of technical support and other services to ensure effective cost recovery;
- Expert advice on the formulation relevant policies, funding rules and regulations;
- Management of research grants and contracts on behalf of the Institute;
- Participation in the preparation of major research proposals;
The successful candidate must exhibit a record of substantial senior administrative leadership experience at a University, Research Center or other research and innovation related organizations of comparable setting.
The DRTS will also have:
- Doctorate from an accredited university, in a field of study relevant to the job;
- Relevant experience in a research organization or academic institution at a senior position for at least seven years
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with research funding issues, policies, and sources, in particular of the Cypriot and European research ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse faculty and scientific personnel in a wide range of disciplines and the vision and administrative expertise to support and promote innovative research and scholarly initiatives
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to adapt to a multicultural/multidisciplinary environment
- High level organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of the English language both verbal and in writing. Knowledge of the Greek language and other additional languages will be considered an advantage
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/). Applicants should submit: (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) a letter of interest, (iii) a vision statement and (iv) a list of four references (including contact information). For further information please contact Ms. Christiana Melodias (email@example.com). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Applications must include the job reference number in the subject heading.
Reference Letters: 4
Contact Person: Christiana Melodias