|Salary:||£36,914 to £40,322 Grade 7 (Lecturer)|
|Placed On:||19th September 2019|
|Closes:||20th October 2019|
Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
We are seeking two exceptional candidates to enhance the excellence in teaching and research in Law within the School of Social Sciences. We are looking for both a Public and a Private / Commercial lawyer.
The successful candidate for the Public law post will lead delivery of our core Public Law module, and contribute to our other core public law modules and specialist public law teaching at Honours. They are likely to have an interest in Human Rights.
The successful candidate for the Private / Commercial law post will have interests in any areas of modern commercial and / or private law. We are particularly interested in English private law, including Equity and Trusts; and commercial specialisms including intellectual property law, tax law, trade law and competition law.
The successful candidates will be expected to take an active role in the delivery of our successful undergraduate LLB, taught LLM and PhD programmes. In addition to teaching and administrative duties (including student recruitment) the successful candidate should have a clearly articulated research strategy. Candidates may have an academic background (PhD awarded); or a background in practice; but if the latter, evidence ability to develop a research career.
Summary of Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- PhD in Law or a cognate discipline OR appropriate professional qualifications and experience;
- Experience of setting, marking, and assessing work and providing feedback to students;
- Development of research objectives, project and proposals;
- Conduct of individual or collaborative research projects OR management of professional projects;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others;
- Evidence of effective team membership;
- Ability to engage and travel in occasional overseas recruitment activities;
- Ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
College / School / Directorate Information
To further discuss the details of this post, informal inquires may be made to Dr Sarah Hendry, email@example.com, +44(0)1382 386473.
Any Additional Information
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
Type / Role: