Report to: Head of Marketing & Work based Learning
Nelson College London (NCL) was founded in 2009 as an independent college of higher education with campuses situated in East London.
Our mission is "widening access to higher education to people from a wide range of backgrounds, transforming lives through knowledge and skills so to enable them to prosper in their career".
Overall Purpose of post: Working as part of the College’s Senior Management Team, the post holder will help to meet the College’s widening participation objectives by facilitating and managing productive relationships with schools, colleges, and relevant organizations representing and advocating for groups currently under-represented in UK higher education.
The post-holder will be in direct line-management to the Head of Marketing and Work based Learning.
- UK Student Recruitment: contribute to the continuing development and review of a recruitment plan for UK student recruitment, with special reference to the College’s Access & Participation Plan as approved by the Office for Students. This includes:
a) Effective liaison with schools, colleges and relevant external organisations to maintain and strengthen recruitment locally, regionally and nationally, more especially in terms of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Widening Participation: To fully contribute to the fulfilment of the College’s commitment to Widening Participation by assisting with the development of the College’s WP strategy, its implementation and evaluation. This will include:
a) Working closely with the College’s Marketing Team to develop and implement the College’s WP strategy including co-ordination of evaluation processes for activities across the College in order to assess impact. This includes advising on opportunities to widen participation.
b) Working with senior members of staff in relevant organisations to improve information, advice and guidance in terms of Widening Participation. This includes managing a programme of school and community events.
c) Monitoring and evaluating of OfS approved access and participation plan and producing end of year impact reports.
d) Producing monthly and quarterly reports for various boards/ committee meetings.
- Deputising or undertaking other ad hoc projects and work commensurate with grade, level of responsibility as directed by the Director/Head of Marketing.
The successful candidate should have knowledge and competence required for standard acceptable performance in carrying out this role.
- Degree or equivalent qualification (preferably in marketing, education or project management) – desirable
- Excellent IT and analytical skills
- Excellent presentational skills
- Relevant managerial experience within higher education
- Proven record of success in developing and implementing widening participation strategies in UK higher education
- Ability to analyse and produce various performance reports and charts/graphs by using internal and external data sets
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritise and work to internal and external deadlines
The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
Please email your CV and a short Covering Letter stating your suitability for the role based on your experience to email@example.com.
*Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.