Reporting to: Prof. David Clifton
Group website: http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~davidc/index.php
Salary Range: A competitive remuneration package will apply
Hours: Full time
Contract type: Fixed-term (3 years), with the possibility of extension.
Start date: 1 November 2019
Application closing date: Position will be filled when a suitable candidate is found
Vacancy reference: 6001-2018-1
The post-holder will take a senior role in the research activity of the AI for Healthcare Lab within OSCAR site at Suzhou, China, under the overall supervision of Prof. David Clifton of IBME at Oxford. Research will be undertaken in collaboration with clinical colleagues in the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and other collaborators, including those based in China.
The work will comprise machine learning research for developing new AI-driven methods for handling healthcare and sensor data. The post would be suitable for applicants with general interests in AI, machine learning, signal processing, computational statistics, and biomedical engineering.
- Develop research questions within the field of computational health informatics, conduct individual research, analysing detailed and complex qualitative and/or quantitative data from a variety of sources, and generate original ideas by building on existing concepts.
- Develop, establish, and pursue appropriate analytical protocols and techniques to support research.
- Regularly write research articles at an international level for peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, and reviews. Present papers at national and international conferences, and lead seminars to disseminate research findings.
- Agree clear task objectives, organise, and delegate work to other members of the team and coach other members of the group on specialist methodologies or procedures.
- Carry out collaborative projects with colleagues in partner institutions, and research groups.
- Use scientific equipment in a laboratory environment, especially pertaining to computational systems typically used for machine learning.
- Undertake literature searches for the project where appropriate, and interpret and present the findings to the research team and other interested parties.
- Keep informed of developments in the field of machine learning and its application to the problem domain.
- Manage own academic research and administrative activities.
- Present regular summaries of research progress to the senior research supervisors.
- Collaborate in the preparation of scientific reports and journal articles and occasionally present papers and posters.
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
- Contribute ideas for new research projects.
- Be responsible for submitting invoices and expenses claims for processing in accordance with the University regulations.
- Any other duties appropriate to this grade which may arise during the study.
- Undertake the usual tasks of a post-doctoral Research Assistant.
- Hold a relevant PhD in AI, machine learning, statistics, signal processing, or a cognate discipline.
- Strong publication record in machine learning, signal processing, computational statistics.
- Possess specialist knowledge in the fields of machine learning tools for analysing healthcare data.
- Proven competence in mathematics and programming data analysis methods in Matlab or Python.
- An interest in the application area of healthcare.
Please submit a covering letter and CV (both in English and in PDF) by email attachment to email@example.com