This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, customer-orientated administrator to join the Business School as an Admissions Coordinator, responsible for admissions to our postgraduate programmes, with specific focus on MSc Programmes.
You will be the first point of contact for prospective students, guiding them from initial enquiry all the way through to enrolment. You will be a key point of liaison for applicants, academic staff, other Business School teams and College departments to help achieve the goal of recruiting high-calibre students to our suite of MSc programmes.
- You will have day to day responsibility for assessing new applications in line with programme selection criteria.
- You will ensure a rapid turnaround of applications.
- You will build up a detailed understanding of your programmes in order to play a key role in developing admissions policies and procedures.
- You will be responsible for responding to a high volume of email enquiries in a timely fashion.
- You will build and maintain relationships with prospective students and aid the conversion of high quality applicants
- You will participate in online and on-campus information sessions for prospective students
- You will prepare statistical reports on application numbers and trends.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with a wide variety of people, ranging from prospective students to senior academic staff.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work quickly and methodically to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including experience of preparing and sending mail merges, using spreadsheets and databases, and creating statistical reports.
- Previous experience of working within Higher Education in a customer-focused environment, preferably within an admissions team.
- Experience as a cooperative team member who can also work independently
The College cannot apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship for this post under Tier 2 of the UK Border Agency’s Points Based System. Any candidate, who is considering applying for this position and requires sponsorship, must ensure that they are able to obtain permission to work in the UK through an alternative immigration route.
- We are committed to staff development and the College’s Organisational Development Department offers a great range of free training courses for staff.
- The Business School is a great place to work! The Professional Staff Council organises informative lectures, an annual gala awards evening and supports various social clubs such as book, film and board game groups and a running club.
- We are located at the College’s South Kensington Campus, in the middle of London’s museum district and a short stroll from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.
Interview date: 6 February 2020
Should you have any queries please contact:
Ollie Waite, Admissions Manager email@example.com
For technical issues when applying online, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org