|Location:||Dubai - United Arab Emirates|
|Placed On:||24th March 2021|
|Closes:||22nd April 2021|
Birmingham Business School
University of Birmingham, Dubai campus
Location: Dubai, UAE
Closing date: 22 April 2021
As a Lecturer in Finance, you will make a substantial contribution to the management, development and delivery of teaching and assessment, whilst enhancing the student's experience and employability. Through excellent teaching, you will inspire students, and be informed by discipline-based research as well as contribute to the management and administration in Dubai. We are looking for candidates with teaching experience in the following areas related to Corporate Finance, Financial Markets, Corporate Governance, International Finance, Alternative Finance and Quantitative Finance. Post holders are also expected to supervise MSc dissertations.
• Normally, a higher Degree relevant to the discipline area (usually PhD).
• Extensive research/teaching experience and scholarship within the subject specialism.
• Proven ability to devise, advise on and manage learning.
• Skills in managing, motivating & mentoring others successfully at all levels.
• Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes.
• Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching and advising colleagues.
• Experience and achievement in knowledge exchange, enterprise and similar activity that enhances the student experience or employability.
• Ability to contribute to School/Departmental management processes
• Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes.
• Experience of championing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in own work area.
• Ability to monitor and evaluate the extent to which equality and diversity legislation, policies, procedures are applied.
• Ability to identify issues with the potential to impact on protected groups and take appropriate action
In return, you will receive a competitive package and be a key part of an expanding and ambitious University as we develop our international reputation and global footprint.
This is a full-time post, based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The University of Birmingham is an Athena Swan Bronze award holder and committed to providing a supportive work environment for our staff and providing equal opportunities in our recruitment process.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and will take flexible working option into consideration during the process.
Further details relating to this position as well as our developing Dubai Campus can be found at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/work-with-us/index.aspx
For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Hisham Farag, Head of the Department of Finance - email email@example.com (Birmingham) and Dr Julie McDonald, Programme Director of BSc Accounting and Finance and Lecturer in Accounting email j.a.mcDonald@bham.ac.uk (Dubai)
Type / Role: