Reporting to: Course Leader
Contract Length: 2 years initially; potential for permanent or long-term thereafter
FTE: 1.0 (full time)
Salary Range: £30,000 - £33,000 plus competitive benefits (Lecturer)
Location: Sichuan Fine Arts Institute, Chongqing, China
Applications are invited for a teaching post at Arts Institute KEASS (KEASS), to deliver academic programmes at the Sichuan Fine Arts Institute (SFAI) campus in Chongqing, China.
The programmes are a combination of broad-based preparation courses and joint/articulation programmes between SFAI and UK HEIs. The curriculum covers a range of skills and subjects, and applications are welcomed from individuals with experience in Product Design; 3D Design; Industrial Design; Furniture Design; Service Design - or closely related discipline. The candidate should have at least two years of experience and a creative approach to designing and delivering HE curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level in subject specific and interdisciplinary contexts. The applicant must hold a master’s degree, although a doctoral degree is ideal.
Main Purpose of Post:
To contribute to the successful delivery of KEASS courses, at foundation, undergraduate and pre-masters level, designed to prepare students for application and progression to further study in the UK (or other English -speaking countries); to work with Chinese academic colleagues at SFAI and KEASS’s UK partner institutions, to develop and deliver new academic provision; to maintain appropriate standards of quality in teaching, assessment and curriculum and programme monitoring and development.
Principal Roles and Responsibilities:
- to contribute to course delivery in teaching and assessment at foundation, undergraduate, and pre-masters levels, and to the development of programmes and curricula through the monitoring and review processes
- to ensure that courses, projects and content are appropriately designed and integrated within the relevant programme structure(s) and delivered accordingly
- to contribute to the planning and organisation of course delivery in terms of resources, logistics and timetabling, ensuring that all students are adequately inducted into workshop processes, and related Health & Safety
- to work with Chinese subject specialist academics in SFAI
- to work with visiting academics and industry specialists in the delivery of live project briefs, student commissions or competitions
- to work with external partners in local and regional industry, in the development of commercial short courses, summer schools, or training and development opportunities, and to deliver such provision as appropriate
- to provide academic and career development guidance to students, and liaise with SFAI staff, and pastoral and student support services, as appropriate
- to maintain accurate records of student progress and development, in liaison with KEASS Registry and administrative support staff
- to participate in the recruitment and selection of applicants, through promotion events, admissions exercises and portfolio interviews, as appropriate
- to liaise as appropriate with academic or administrative staff from partner institutions overseas, in relation to student applications or progression
- to promote KEASS and its partner institutions in a positive and pro-active manner
- to identify opportunities for, and undertake, personal and professional development, as appropriate and feasible, in consultation with Line Manager [Course Leader: to support staff in personal and professional development, and conduct staff review and appraisal processes]
- to perform duties consistent with the role as may be required by Line Manager, or by KEASS Senior Management
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please