Location: Strand Campus
- Teaching French language classes at all levels.
- Supporting the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader in the effective running of all teaching and assessment activities, course development, events and programmes relating to credit-bearing and external courses
- Contributing to the organisation of student preparation sessions for internal and external examinations (revision classes, workshops, etc.)
- Assisting, as required, in the provision of the Learning Resources Centre and e-Learning facilities, and of the library, teachers' and TEL resources
- Playing an active role in the developing/trialling/evaluating of original and/or adapted teaching materials for use in classroom and/or self-access mode
- Participating in the departmental review, development and management of activities relating to course organisation and other functions, including staff management, student evaluations, quality control, etc., and in meetings convened for these purposes
- Supporting the MLC to offer courses online, at other King’s campuses and other established institutions
Communication & Networking:
The role holder carries out the following tasks either in person, by email, via online platforms or over the telephone:
On a daily basis
- Team Leader and/or Deputy Team Leader
- French language teachers
- other Deputy Team Leaders and Team Leaders
On a regular basis (weekly/bi-monthly)
- the MLC Head of Operations
- the TEL Team (communication relating to online learning resources)
- members of the MLC Professional Services staff regarding administrative procedures such as timetabling, assessment organisation, completion and publication of syllabi and week-by-week documents
Quarterly or less:
- External bodies and professional associations
- Organisations and universities abroad
- Bookshops and publishing houses
In addition to the above (frequency tbc):
- Attending regular team meetings
- Attending conferences and presenting papers
- Meeting King’s departments colleagues in relation to language students and teacher deployment
- Networking and representing the MLC locally, attending King’s committee meetings and interest groups
- Updating staff members on conference reports and external events
- To be responsible for teaching French language modules and external French courses offered by the Modern Language Centre, online, on campus and at partner institutions/organisations.
- To support the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader in the planning and development of all activities related to the teaching of French.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Contact - Dr Ana de Medeiros, MLC Director (email@example.com)
The successful candidate will have to teach on a range of programmes and as a result the workings hours may have to be spread over a full working week and on Saturdays.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
There are number of areas where we are underrepresented at King's. We particularly encourage applications from those who are BAME and/or LGBTQ+ and/or have a disability.
King's is an inclusive and welcoming university. We embrace diversity and want everyone to be able to bring their whole selves to work and succeed. We promote flexible working as a key enabler of inclusion.
King's College London offers a wide range of staff benefits. For the full comprehensive list of staff benefits please refer to our website: www.kcl.ac.uk/hr/staffbenefits
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please