Contract: Full-Time, Fixed-Term 6 Months
Responsible for ensuring the attendance recording, monitoring and audit processes are properly set up and adhering to a range of processes and policies
The Deputy Programme Support Manager (Attendance) will work with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Manager (On-Programme) to ensure the attendance recording, monitoring and audit processes are properly set up, aligned, and implemented across the Law School. They will be responsible for ensuring all attendance related internal policies and regulatory requirements are complied with throughout the Law School for both domestic and international students. This is an exciting opportunity to deliver instant impact through proven previous experience, as well as helping to uphold and improve the school’s reputation for excellence in professional education.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Managers to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to EAO, SRO, TTU, Student Finance and Student Advice.
- Working with the Programme Support Managers to ensure effective management across the Programme Support team (which will include deputising for each other as and when required).
- Managing Senior Programme Support Officers and Programme Support Officers responsible for Attendance support across the Law School, providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolutions.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative and programme support processes to work within and manage a dedicated delivery team.
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and programme support processes to allow flexible working across teams
- Ensuring that processes are in place for the training of Programme Support Officers and faculty in all relevant systems and processes for recording attendance
- Ensuring that processes are in place for tracking, following up on and reporting on attendance of both international and domestic students as required by regulatory regimes and any other relevant University policies (including but not limited to the Student Engagement Policy).
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate, and build careers through education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
Find more about joining the BPP family here.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in an academic environment, ideally in the HE sectors
- Experience of building strong relationships and negotiating with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal - at all levels
- Prior experience of data analysis and producing and managing documentation
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task when necessary
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions - able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions
- High attention to detail and strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to have ‘difficult conversations’ and to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and problems and resolve conflicts and find appropriate solutions
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please