Reporting to Admissions Manager the Senior Admissions Officer will facilitate the admissions process while ensuring a connected and seamless approach to the service for applicants across the admissions service. Senior Admissions Officer will be expected to contribute to the overall effective service delivery of providing information and support to ensure a high-quality admissions service is provided to applicants and academic.
- To support and co-operate with the wider admission team to ensure the provision of an effective and efficient admissions service for GBS.
- Contributing a vital service to support GBS in meeting its targets for recruitment across all programmes.
- Manage time effectively, prioritising work to meet demands and recruitment deadlines.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with GBS requirements, ensuring compliance and maintenance of relevant systems.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external colleagues including the Recruitment team and admission counterparts.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the GBS admissions policy, including assessment / selection and entry criteria.
- Ensure accurate input of applicant related data and correction of applicant exception reports using the student management information system; in preparation of statistical returns (such as HESA).
- Provide advice and guidance on course options to applicants and potential applicants verbally and in writing. Deal with all internal and external queries concerning the progress and status of an application.
- Involved in ensuring all SLA’s relating from enquiry to offer acceptance are managed effectively, including fast turnaround times and accuracy.
- Process applications, verify qualifications, the validity of decisions and authenticity of results in line with GBS admissions/compliance policy.
- Responsible for interviewing applicants and assessing written assessments in fair and consistent manner in line with GBS and partner institution requirements.
- Update the student records system with the outcome of the assessments/interviews.
- To be involved in several special projects from time to time, which may involve contributions to the wider school administration, as determined by the Line Manager.
- Assisting with monitoring workload for specific team and adjusting team as needed.
- Assisting the Admissions Managers with core tasks during peak period (for example: completing files for our partners).
- Assist with the provision of on-the-job training for new staff.
- Provide a quality, customer focussed first line, advisory and information service, giving initial support and guidance on admissions policies and procedures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
- Degree, relevant professional qualification, or equivalent experience in relevant roles.
- Understanding of CEFR levels.
- General understanding of the full student lifecycle from enquiry to enrolment and understanding of the importance of admissions processes in maintaining student records and contribution to overall student experience.
- Demonstrable experience of the workings of an Admissions or related team.
- Experience in a course advisory role.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of demanding individuals and of resolving problems quickly and calmly.
- Experience of being administratively self-sufficient and accustomed to exercising initiative.
- Experience of prioritising and ability to balance a diverse workload while working with precision.
- Taking a pro-active approach to forward planning whilst remaining flexible to changing needs.
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office package.
- Experience with student management systems (e.g.: SITS, Salesforce, Unit4).
- Good organisational and time management skills; scheduling and prioritising multiple projects and tasks with varying deadlines.
- Excellent customer service ethos to enable effective delivery of services to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to establish and maintain productive professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholder groups.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage change and respond positively to new challenges.
- Capacity and willingness to engage in discussions and to suggest improvements for Admissions and Applicant Services.
- Pro-active, responsive, motivated, and approachable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A high degree of judgement to make recommendations or decisions.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, including occasional evening and weekend working and off-site.
- A methodical and organised approach to work with a high level of accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Committed to working as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty, and an ability to manage information confidentially and sensitively.
- EFL teaching qualification (e.g.: CELTA).
- Experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- Demonstrable experience of staff management or team leadership.
- Experience with the UKVI Sponsoring System & Student Route regulations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to generate ideas, inspire confidence and motivate others.
- Knowledge of two or more languages.
The Senior Admissions Officer will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- To GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- The GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS’s Environmental Policy.
- To their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
In accordance with our Equality & Diversity Policy, we are monitoring job applications to ensure that we provide equal opportunities to any job applicant and make sure that discrimination does not occur because of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity.
So that we can assess the success of this policy, we have set up a system of monitoring all job applications. We would be grateful, therefore, if you would complete this section of your application form.
All information supplied will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The monitoring form will be stored separately from your CV and Cover Letter and used solely to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.