Founded in 2005, Kleijnen Systematic Reviews Ltd (KSR) is a leading independent research company within the healthcare industry. KSR produces and disseminates high quality systematic reviews, cost effectiveness analyses and health technology assessments for key commissioners including the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), pharmaceutical companies and health technology assessment agencies.
The Role & Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly specialised team as a Systematic Reviewer, based at Escrick Business Park, near York. Here we bring together a dedicated team of systematic review managers, systematic reviewers, information specialists, health economists, statisticians, and administrators who support high profile healthcare decision making.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will prepare and deliver high quality and accurate systematic reviews and health technology assessments for key bodies to support evidence-based healthcare decision making. The ideal candidate would have a high work ethic, be team orientated and hands on in a varied role.
- Implementing any aspect of systematic reviews or health technology assessments that is required for the completion of high-quality work against project deliverables.
- Participating in regular meetings with other staff; consideration of possible systematic reviews KSR Ltd might prepare in response to requests from commissioners or tenders, and liaison with review commissioners.
- Involvement in the dissemination activity including preparing journal articles, representing KSR Ltd at conferences, seminars, training courses and other external events.
- Contributing to the development of proposals for funding of projects.
- Contributing to KSR’s databases by preparing, checking or auditing critical appraisals.
- Attending conferences and meetings in health services research and other relevant fields and to keep in touch with particular disciplinary interests.
- Training internal and external people in the conduct of systematic reviews.
- Supporting the management team and colleagues with ad hoc requests relevant to the post.
People Specification: -
- In depth relevant experience in preparing systematic reviews and a working knowledge of relevant statistical methods i.e. meta-analysis, meta regression analysis.
- Proven experience of health services research from several disciplinary backgrounds including statistics, medicine, public health, clinical epidemiology, economics, biochemistry or psychology
- Master’s degree in a related field, PhD is desirable
- Practical knowledge of primary patient based research
- Highly autonomous with excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Highly accurate and good attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs
We offer: -
- Competitive salary
- 5% annual increment of gross salary
- Performance related bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (reduced pro rata).
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Modern offices with car parking facilities
How To Apply
Please send your CV with covering letter to Sarah Yelland – HR & Office Manager, email email@example.com, clearly outlining how your skills and experience match the job responsibilities and people specification. We are recruiting for multiple positions so will review all applications as soon as they arrive and may choose to interview prior to the closing date.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please