About the Role:
To lead Analytical Innovation Team within Botanical Characterisation Group providing expertise and technical support to variety of scientific projects in Growing Operations Department.
- Provide management of multi-disciplinary research team within the Botanical Characterisation Group - identifying development opportunities and mentoring team members
- Provide expertise for mass spectrometry withing the group
- Provide technical/analytical advice to Botanical Characterisation teams
- Aid in the review and provide input into improvements to existing processes
- Author or contribute to protocols, reports and regulatory docs
- Manage the Analytical Profiling Team, develop skills and a highly motivated team to ensure the success of Botanical Projects.
- Direct Botanical development activities across the projects, to include appropriate material understanding, stability studies, process evaluation.
- Proactively contribute to growing operations projects for strategies and troubleshooting, contributing effectively to team discussions.
- Provide technical advice for analytical development activities within the team
- Direct all mass spectrometry related projects, develop and validate methods, identify new cannabinoids constituents, provides structure elucidation expertise
- Identify gaps in the process, recommend the need for equipment or supporting studies.
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors (competitors, drug developments, threat to IP) communicating such information and any impact to the business or project.
- Collaborates with technical groups and other disciplines to maintain the integrity of the drug development programs.
- Authors/contributes to well written technical development protocols, reports and other documentation where appropriate.
- Maintain and review training records for self to cGxP.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of all relevant cGxP documents.
- MSc, PhD or significant experience in relevant discipline.
- Extensive scientific, operational and technical knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in analytical method development and validation
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in high resolution mass spectrometry including structure elucidation (LC/MS and GC/MS)
- Experience of working within a regulated environment.
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Demonstrated track record of leading a team/managing people.
- Adaptable approach to accommodate different skillsets and knowledge.
- Respectful and professional approach to project discussions internally and externally.
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence.
- Ability to work collaboratively and prioritise.
- Highly energised and motivated with a high level of commitment.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills essential.
- Hands on approach with a can-do attitude.
- Passionate, challenge driven, and research-focused.
- People leadership and mentoring.
- Project management experience.
- Healthcare, health cash plan
- 25 days holiday
- Stock options
Unlock the potential of cannabinoid science to transform the lives of the patients and their families
Lead the world in developing and commercialising regulatory approved cannabinoid medicines, putting patients first
Our efforts are guided by several fundamental values. At all times we strive to be:
Patient-Driven – We never forget who we're striving for
Passionate – We are here to change lives
Innovative – We challenge ourselves to find new and better approaches
Collaborative – We accomplish more through working together and valuing one another
Accountable – We take responsibility and deliver on our commitments
Integrity – We are fair, honest, and ethical
Excellence – We pursue the highest standards for ourselves and for our industry
Join Us! Early application is actively encouraged. Applications will be reviewed daily with successful applicants being contacted for interview. Advertising will remain active until the role is successfully filled.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GW Pharmaceuticals (“GW”) does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GW’s Talent Acquisition department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GW. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GW. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GW. GW shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.