|Salary:||£27,924 to £32,344 per annum plus £2166 per annum London Weighting Salary (Grade S6)|
|Placed On:||3rd November 2021|
|Closes:||29th November 2021|
Brunel University London is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Technician to support our Civil and Environmental Engineering department.
You will be working as part of a friendly team, delivering world class training, education and research. The role will involve providing technical support and training to meet the needs of staff and students.
- Preparation and support of taught laboratory sessions.
- Support for student and research-based projects.
- Supervision of laboratory, ensuring day-to-day aspects of security and health and safety. This includes delivery of inductions for new users and ensuring all work is appropriately risk assessed.
- Procurement of items for laboratory in line with University procurement procedures, including equipment, consumables and project-specific items.
- Proactive maintenance and development of laboratory area to comply with standards of Health & Safety inspections, statutory checks and the standards provided by student feedback.
- Maintenance of health and safety laboratory records to comply with College Health and Safety policy.
We would like to hear from applicants who have good technical knowledge and strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral, written communication and computer skills. Experience/knowledge in an Engineering discipline is desirable, however training will be provided where necessary.
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2021
For further details and to apply please visit https://careers.brunel.ac.uk
*This position does not meet the University criteria for Tier 2 sponsorship.
Brunel University London is fully committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive workforce culture. We support flexible working. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under- represented in our workforce.
Type / Role: