General Job Objective:
The Dean SESS is critically involved in issues relating to academic leadership, strategic planning, budget, curriculum, research and setting academic rules and policies of the School, as well as of the IBA. The incumbent is a key participant in external relations of the university, including fundraising, alumni relations, economic development and public relations.
Dean SESS must be an effective advocate for the School, both within the university and externally and have ultimate accountability for the School’s sound management of resources, both, fiscal and human. The Dean will be responsible for the School's planning, including alignment of plans for educational, research and other activities in their areas.
All Deans will be appointed as a Professor and need to fulfil the requirements to be a Professor at the IBA. Each Dean will have a tenure of three years, extendable for a second term if they so choose, and will resume their duties as a Professor after their tenure is completed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Dean SESS is expected to provide intellectual leadership to their School and to the IBA overall, being acknowledged as scholars having made some contribution to their field.
- Formulating a strategy and plan that engages faculty members towards the stated vision and mission of the School and the IBA.
- Building leadership capability, research profiles and academic reputation across the School
- Ensuring effective team working and positive staff engagement in all activities.
- Ensuring sustainability of the school’s programs by enriching existing programs and develop new ones as per the requirements.
- Developing a strategy for talent management and to attract best faculty across the globe
- To foster an excellent academic environment that ensures each student receives quality teaching and feedback from supportive academics to allow them to achieve their potential.
- Leading the School’s accreditation (Local and Foreign) by ensuring the highest standards of research, teaching, and learning outcomes.
- To construct and maintain overall quality standards of the programs, such as revision in curricula, innovative teaching pedagogies and impactful research.
- Ensuring the academic integrity curricular coherence of all programs and departments
- Demonstrating strong interdisciplinary scholarly skills for effective and successful collaboration between & within departments
- Ensuring all relevant accreditation, national and international criterion are followed
- Preparing the budget requirements of the school and fiscal management, where needed
- Enabling faculty development opportunities and clearly define the growth trajectory of faculty members
- Developing governance guidelines to promote faculty excellence, diversity and to address faculty grievances
- Ensuring wellbeing of students, faculty and the staff of the respective school
- Providing advise and recommendations to the ED on School specific policies, regulations and other strategic decisions
- Representing and promoting the School and University in a wide range of internal and external contexts across relevant sectors
- Developing relevant policies and procedures
Job Specification: Educational Qualification
- PhD Degree from HEC recognized University/Institute in the relevant discipline.
- Professor as per IBA criteria*
- The ideal candidate should have a number of years of progressively responsible professional level experience in higher education, some of which must be serving in a leading position with experience of directly managing a large team of diverse portfolios in an academic/research environment.
- Exceptional academic background, research acumen and an ability to inspire develop and manage School performance across all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record of teamwork, collaboration and building a progressive / conducive environment
*IBA Criteria for Professor: Minimum Qualification
- PhD in relevant field from HEC recognized University/Institution
- Ideally15 years teaching/research experience in an HEC recognized University or a postgraduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International Organization
- Ideally 10-years post PHD teaching/research experience in an HEC recognized University or a postgraduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International Organization
Minimum Number of Publications
- HEC rules and regulations as they exist at the time of application/appointment, will be a minimum requirement.
If, as now, 15 publications are required by HEC, the IBA will require five (5) papers which are in the current W classification of Journals as listed by the HEC, in addition to the 10 papers. The HEC rules require that at least five publications be in the last 5 years will also be applicable.
Last date to apply: December 31, 2021
Interested candidates to apply: email@example.comPlease mention position name in the email subject