Full Time (37 hours, 1 FTE)
Salary: Grade 7 / £36,382 - £42,149 per annum
plus £3,500 per year London Weighting Allowance
Location: London Campus
The Institute of Inner-City Learning is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Business Management at its London Campus. The primary delivery mode is face-to-face on campus, however you should be prepared to engage in online and distance delivery due to the pandemic.
- THE ROLE –
The post holder will be required to devise a range of teaching and assessment materials, covering several modules and subject areas and may lead on modules and programmes and in particular: Strategic Management, Human Resources Management, Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Marketing.
Main duties will include:
- Offer teaching and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level of study, either individually or as a member of a teaching team
- Offer teaching in a variety of learning settings, from seminar and small group tutorials, to large lectures, workshops or placements, using appropriate and engaging teaching styles, within an established programme of study
- Design and develop teaching materials, assessment methods and criteria, for individual modules or modules within a specific subject area, with a clear awareness and understanding of relevant quality assurance requirements
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role, to ensure a high-quality student experience
- Undertake relevant scholarly and research activity, either as part of a collaborative project or individually, as a means of updating knowledge in an appropriate specialism and underpinning effective learning and teaching, or for seeking publication, knowledge transfer, public dissemination, or for funding and grant opportunities
- Engage in continuing professional development and enhancement through, for example: gaining membership of the Higher Education Academy; relevant University staff development; or membership of a relevant professional body
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
- REQUIREMENTS -
You should have:
- Experience in teaching, delivery, assessment and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level in relevant subject area
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience in the design and development of module content
- Evidence of good organisational and personal management skills
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- IT proficiency and experience of using e-resources, including a willingness to teach by video-link, VLE, e-mail or website delivery
- FURTHER INFORMATION -
- Annual leave entitlement is 35 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- HOW TO APPLY -
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to start your application. Each page of your application will be saved when you click ‘Next’ or ‘Previous’.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
We expect interviews to take place in week commencing 24th January 2022.
Closing date: Tuesday, 18th January 2022, 11:59pm.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please